Coronet Cinema

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 April 2003 4.15pm
Who else is excited by the re-opening of the Coronet cinema at the Elephant & Castle?
It is going to be a cinema + nightclub and the decor looks quite good.

It will be opening on Sat 19 April. C U there!
Monday 7 April 2003 6.22pm
this area is screaming for a decent cinema- nft is ok for the purist, but a good mixed programme of movies will guarantee my regular attendence- i tend to get the tube to distant west india keys at the moment. however no details of the programme on their site yet, and it does look like it will be predominantly a music venue, which is fine too, but be a shame of few films will be shown- see what details they have on their site at the following:
Monday 14 April 2003 3.20pm

...still not much on their website (sigh). I like the idea of a hire-able space and a music venue but I would like to go to the movies (locally) more...

ho hum.

Sunday 27 April 2003 6.28pm
I'm getting the distinct impression that the "cinema" aspect of this venue is not a business priority for the new owners. A second-rate Brixton Academy. Just what the area needs (not).
Thursday 1 May 2003 11.14am
still not much on their website - and no sign of any forthcoming flicks (sigh), I think you are right - this isn't a cinema any more at all.

I cannot help feeling that a cinema would do REALLY well there, but I am sure they have done their market research and decided they can make more money with Atomic Kitten (etc etc...)

Thursday 1 May 2003 11.32am
Er, unless I imagined it the 'signage' outside has a list of 4 films showing from about May 10th.
Thursday 1 May 2003 6.25pm
last time i looked, they sounded like club theme nights rather than movies- anyone know different?
Tuesday 6 May 2003 2.16pm
yep, the only things on the signage are club nights

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Monday 19 May 2003 12.44am
I hear that some kind of film programme may be starting soon - I'm trying to find out more at the moment.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 4 July 2003 7.32pm
Coronet Refurbishment in receivership - see:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: