Tasty Olives

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
MM
Wednesday 9 April 2003 11.35am
There is a little, independent convenience store, north of the junction with Rothsay Street on Tower Bridge Road, with fruit and veg outside, that also does really tasty bags of olives (self-service). Given the poor quality of some of the cost-cutter type shops in this neck of the woods, I am really pleased to have discovered it. Just thought I would share it with you, in case you are into olives! I dare say people have known about it for ages, but I've only just found it.
Thursday 10 April 2003 2.34pm
Brilliant. Thanks MM I'm addicted to olives. Even have two trees in the 'garden' but given today's weather I can probably kiss goodbye to any fruit this year. Anything else tasty they sell? I'll check it out, only 2 mins walk.
Thursday 10 April 2003 3.14pm
I too am addicted to olives and have made a note of this convenience store ! - I will definately be getting some olives there when I'm in the area next month !!

Barbara Kerr
MM
Thursday 10 April 2003 4.12pm
Its the one that is in the old Butchers shop. I think it still has the sign "Woods the Butchers" above the door.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Friday 2 May 2003 12.40pm
And they do tasty grilled chickens too for only 2.50...!!!
Friday 2 May 2003 1.25pm
and fantastic stuffed vine leaves, not to mentions the fab cakies!
Wednesday 7 May 2003 2.57pm
Talking of valuable local resources. I would recommend the Portuguese grocers come deli on the Cut. Friendly owners and very good bread and ciabbata. (and yes I know the latter is not a Portuguese speciality).
Thursday 8 May 2003 9.29am
I agree - I didn't realise they were Portuguese mind! I thought they were Greek for some reason...actually thinking about it, I thought that because there was a sign saying 'Greek Deli' - though possibly that was for the previous owners of the Kebab shop next door.....If that makes sense.

Anyway, nice veggies, OLIVES too, bread and cold meats - the chorizo, salami sort. Very tasty, and yes - friendly service too!
Thursday 8 May 2003 9.38am
just had some fantastic bagels from the bagel shop on tower bridge road- the bloke even gave me a free one to taste (warm and dripping with melting butter) as a new customer. won't be shopping for them at tescos anymore- the revolution starts here!
Friday 9 May 2003 10.33am
Yeah I love their bagels. Not open on a saturday though I think which is a shame

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: