Warehouse / car park wanted for wedding marquee

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 6 July 2006 10.44am
Hello all you lovely SE1-ers....

I'm getting married next April / May in Southwark Cathedral and have want to have the reception somewhere close to the cathedral. I've tried loads of local venues - Delfina, etc and found them all lovely but too expensive.

SO trying to be innovative, I thought it might be cool to set up a beautiful/glam marquee in that disused car park on St Thomas's street. I know you will probably all think I'm crazy, but I think it would be really cool display of contrasts - urban glam type thing.

ANYWAY.

Does anyone have any ideas on 1- how I can get in touch with St Thomas's car park or 2 - any other ideas on really funky/modern/urban venues in SE1 (that don't cost the earth?)

Thanks!
Monday 10 July 2006 12.59am
the Warehouse (LPO) on Theed St is really reasonable as is the Globe Theatre. am trying to do the same thing - try pubs in the city which aren't open at weekends - you will probably get a better deal.
Monday 10 July 2006 9.48am
Or something like a school in the holidays or at weekends. Several, though perhaps not in Southwark, are used for things like car boot sales. There are bound to be people on the asset side in Southwark's Education Department who could point you in the right direction. The Councils cultural side might have people who help film crews with finding locations.

What is lagse1 up to? Is there a rash of SE1 weddings.

Sarah
Monday 10 July 2006 11.30pm
Hi
There is a car park in a warehouse just off Tower bridge road on the corner of Tanner street which may accomodate you. I, like yourself was looking for a cheap and different venue for my 25th birthday many moons ago and hosted my party in a disused warehouse in long lane, unfortunatly long since gone. Best party ever. Cant remember the name of the car park but it is right on the corner, you cant miss it. I use the car park often and it is huge, and I get the impression the boys who run it would not be put out.
Tuesday 11 July 2006 10.02pm
Yes there is a rash of se1 weddings- I get married in 3 weeks!
Wednesday 12 July 2006 7.58am
huruah - congrats! Where will the ceremony and reception be? (I'm till in planning phase and looking for ideas!)
ADT
Wednesday 12 July 2006 8.57am
There are some other suggestions here:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/47803
Wednesday 12 July 2006 10.38am
Are you marrying lagse1. If so James must be invited and he should wear a hat.
Thursday 13 July 2006 10.13pm
Our wedding is in Cornwall, but if we'd had it here I think we would have tried the church at top end of Bermondsey Street and the reception I'm not sure. Have you tried the Menier Chocolate factory? They have a really nice space.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: