Falmouth Road Traffic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
MB
Monday 14 April 2003 1.25pm
Some months ago I received a letter from Southwark Council regarding possible measures to reduce the amount of traffic that comes down Falmouth Road following the closure of Trinity Street. It mentioned that nothing could be done until after the congestion charge was implemented.

Over the last few weeks I've tried contacting the council to find out when they are proposing to do something but - surprise, surprise - I have had no reply. Has anyone else tried to contact the council and had a reply, or have you any other information on progress relating to this problem?

Saturday 26 April 2003 5.25pm
Is the traffic still too much then?
MB
Sunday 27 April 2003 10.41pm
The road has turned from being reasonably quiet to something approaching a main road - you can watch an almost constant stream of traffic turning in from Great Dover Street in the morning. I've now had an email back from the council saying they will be looking into the traffic levels again soon - so hopefully they'll do something.
Tuesday 6 May 2003 5.02pm

Southwark Council's presentation of traffic calming proposals is in Henry Wood Hall on 20th May 15:00 - 21:00

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: