Cut flower seller

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 14 April 2003 8.38pm
Can anyone suggest a good florist that sells long stem cut flowers? At the moment I am buying from one of the stalls at Borough Market every Saturday morning, but it's costing a good 30-40 and they only seem to last 3-4 days.

I miss Columbia Road flower market terribly!

Tuesday 15 April 2003 10.49am
Ah, men who fill their flats with 40 pounds worth of flowers each weekend, every man's dream!

What about the flower stall in the Elephant shopping centre - he's often very cheap indeed. I haven't been there for absolutely years, but the Walworth market on a Sunday morning - is it in East street? - used to have flower sellers, and I'm sure they're not half so expensive as Borough market! The flowers at Leather lane market during the week are excellent too.
Tuesday 15 April 2003 11.03am
There is also a new flower shop (well about 6 months old) at the top of Tower Bridge Road on the corner of Grange Road. The flowers in there look gorgeous although I'm not sure of prices. I would imagine that they must be reasonably priced as they look quite busy.
Tuesday 15 April 2003 11.42am
The flower shop on Tower Bridge road is quite good. I like the stall in London Bridge station vault bit. Its quite pricey too but I don't think as much as Borough Market. And they do have a great selection.

Tuesday 15 April 2003 5.06pm
You may be surprised but Tesco's flowers actually last ages!

The guy on Tower Bridge Road is good but yes - expensive.

I know it's not in SE1 but if you're passing Holborn the flower stall outside is great.

Tuesday 15 April 2003 5.09pm
Thanks for some good suggestions - I will certainly try the shop you mention on TBR since it is very close. Dave I agree about the freshness of most supermarket flowers but they are not long stem.
Tuesday 15 April 2003 11.14pm
I can recommend the Grange Road flower shop for funeral wreaths. As for my other flowers, I get them from the stall by the taxi rank in London Bridge station - they are so, so cheap (but the roses don't last long. Mind you, at that price it doesn't matter.)
Wednesday 23 April 2003 5.42pm
Does this mean that Columbia Road market is closed?
Thursday 24 April 2003 8.09pm
No, just that I used to live within walking distance of it.
Friday 25 April 2003 9.06pm

Post edited (25 Apr 03 23:18)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: