Jumble - what to do with it?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 April 2003 10.59am
I am having a major spring clean at home and as a result have loads of things to get rid of. It seems a shame to throw out things that are OK when they could be put to use by others. It's a varied selection from books and computer games to cuddly toys and clothes.

I don't want to have to take the items to lots of different places & I'm not a boot sale kind of girl.

Does anyone know of organisations that do jumble sales or who might be able to put the stuff to good use?

Thanks
Rachel

Tuesday 15 April 2003 11.04am
cats protection league, it's also a good idea to phone local schools as quite a few have summer fetes & bazaars, plus they have more storage space....
Tuesday 15 April 2003 5.07pm
Rachel,

The old folks home over the road from you have a fete once a year - just an idea.

Or there is a charity shop on the other side of tower bridge road - the pagoda side.

David
Tuesday 15 April 2003 11.06pm

English Martyrs Church, Rodney Road usually have a jumble sale I am not quite sure but I think its the first Monday evening in the month - and I am sure they would appreciate "things" rather than just clothes.
Tuesday 15 April 2003 11.33pm
There's a charity based in King's Cross that I read about a while ago who are keen to take on people's old household items, then recondition them to give to people who are setting up home for the first time - usually homeless people who have just stopped being homeless. I can't remember the name, but I'll trawl through my memory to see if I can remember any more details. They might be listed on the web....
Thursday 24 April 2003 3.20pm
There's also the charity shop next to the entrance of guys hospital - I think clothes, records. books and cuddly toys are right up their street.
Thursday 24 April 2003 10.36pm
Hi Rachel - there are some very nice people always grateful for good jumble at St Hugh's Church - the Rainbow Building in Crosby Row, SE1. Sale every Wednesday - drop stuff in on the day from around 10.30 I think. Part of Charterhouse-in-Southwark - a deserving local charitable org.

Don't know what you've got but if you've any craft materials, especially knitting yarns, needles and patterns let me know - I run a knitting workshop every Tuesday 10.30 - 12.30. Charterhouse-in-Southwark, 40 Tabard Street, SE1.

Thanks
kateEkaos@hotmail.com
Friday 25 April 2003 6.42pm
why not just take it all to your local charity shop
doh....
Monday 28 April 2003 1.05pm
I would if they took things other than clothes....

Thanks to everyone who replied with information. I'm sure I'll be able to find everything a good home now.

Monday 28 April 2003 7.33pm
they do
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: