Joke shop/moustache supplier

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 July 2006 9.58am
I am in need of a fake moustache of a 70's '118 man' type. Does anyone know a joke/fancy dress shop in or around SE1 that would have such a thing? Apparently there is a joke shop on Covent Garden and I intend to go moustache hunting there at lunch time, but other ideas will be much appreciated.
Thursday 13 July 2006 10.43am
There's a shop on Lower Marsh that sells various fancy dress costumes- I got a halloween outfit there. I think its a card/gift shop about halfway down the street and I'd imagine it would have a moustache in stock!
Thursday 13 July 2006 11.10am

Not sure if you are just interested in SE1 and surrounds, but I think MadWorld up near Old Street may be worth a phone call - they're always very helpful and not overpriced either -and they have some joke type stuff along with the costumes.

No connection, other than as a satisfied hiree of various, random costumes...
Thursday 13 July 2006 11.28am
John Lewis do fake moustaches in their toys section.
Thursday 13 July 2006 1.53pm
Thanks all.

Knutz of Covent Garden have provided suitable whiskers, although I may stop off at Lower Marsh just to make sure they don't have anything better, as it is almost on my way home.
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.35pm
I can also recommend the shop on Lower Marsh - it sells all sorts of party/fancy dress stuff. It is packed to the hilt so make sure you ask for what you need!
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.57pm
Charles H Fox in Covent garden is good too - it's round the back of the Theatre Museum.

A word of advice - if you're using glue to affix said moustache, please please please buy a solvent to dissolve it with. If not, you end up ripping off the skin on your top lip and it's agony...!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: