Land opposite Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 13 July 2006 1.46pm
There is a small parcel of land surrounded by a wooden fence opposite Bermondsey Square (near Grange Walk). Anybody know who owns this or what the plans are with it?
ADT
Thursday 13 July 2006 1.49pm
is that the bit on the corner of Abbey Street outside the White Bear? If so then I always assumed it belonged to them, as they have parties/bbq's there.
Thursday 13 July 2006 1.52pm
ADT wrote:
is that the bit on the corner of Abbey Street outside the White Bear? If so then I always assumed it belonged to them, as they have parties/bbq's there.

No, I don't think so. It's on the left hand side of TBR as you are heading south. I'll take a photo tonight and post it on here.

Cheers
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.11pm
If it's the piece of land I'm thinking of, it is included in the proposed development for Bermondsey Square and I believe it's earmarked for a small block of apartments, possibly 'key worker'?
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.12pm
Is it this site?
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1560

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
ADT
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.26pm
That might be the bit I'm thinking of - encircled by Long Walk, Abbey Street and TBR:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/502/the-white-bear

?
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.47pm
Yes, the patch of land in question is part of the proposed Bermondsey Square development by Urban Catalyst. There are 4 buildings proposed [3 on the square on the west side of TBR]. The one on the east side is to be 'a part 3, part 9 storey building...of affordable flats.'
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.57pm
Thank you all - my curiosity is satisfied in record time. I've been posted for about 8 months now (since I moved to Bermondsey) and I have to say this web site is fantastic.

Cheers
Thursday 13 July 2006 4.15pm
isn't that the block with the bingo hall underneath?
Thursday 13 July 2006 4.38pm
I don't know if the bingo hall has survived, but part of the original proposal was to incorporate a 'community cinema', despite the fact that the rental income from it would be less than other commercial uses. It is meant to 'animate' the square and 'stimulate outdoor theatre'...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: