Buying a TV in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 14 July 2006 9.32am
One of these days soonish, we'll buy a new TV. It won't be particularly swish or high-tech, but I'd be very pleased if it were to come from a local shop. I'd be especially pleased if it were to come from an independent shop rather than a local branch of a chain electronics store.

I can't think of anywhere. Can anyone suggest anything to help me please?

Thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 July 2006 9.54am
I'm a big supporter of local shops, but when it comes to electrical goods you should really shop around - try www.kelkoo.com. I bought a 32" Sony TV for under 600 (some time ago)...the cheapest 'high street' price was 1300.
Friday 14 July 2006 10.15am
Thanks. Now if anyone wants to answer the question I asked.....:0)

Friday 14 July 2006 10.23am
I'm struggling to think of somewhere independent.

There's a TV/radio shop on London Road between Elephant and St George's Circus but I'm not sure if it sells, rents or repairs?

As for chains:
Richer Sounds at London Bridge (on the walkway from needle to station)
Tesco OKR
Currys behind Tesco OKR.
ADT
Friday 14 July 2006 10.34am
I think that there are a couple of independent places on Whitechapel, not quite SE1, but fairly local.
Friday 14 July 2006 10.50am
Thanks. Any more suggestions, please keep them coming. I go by St G's Circus, so will have a look tonight. Would even be prepared (whisper it) to step outside SE1, but the nearer the better (not least since anything I buy will preferably end up coming home on the back of my scooter).

Friday 14 July 2006 10.52am
how big a TV are you buying?

There's a TV shop on OKR, almost opposite the Dun Cow Surgery, i think it's next to the Laundrette, and i would imagine it's just what you're looking for!
Friday 14 July 2006 10.52am
Lynnes Electrical on the Walworth Road. They repair as well.
Friday 14 July 2006 11.04am
JonR wrote:
how big a TV are you buying?
The sort of size that's considered miniscule these days (i.e. about twice as big as a computer screen)

Friday 14 July 2006 11.28am
my computer screen is 21", so you're looking for 42" - about average i'd say.

you don't want it too small or you won't be able to see the players, and the ball.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: