Tower Bridge opening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 14 July 2006 3.14pm
Hi, sorry for any duplication, but I have searched for that website which lists the opening times for the bridge, and cannot find it, can someone point me towards the site? Thanks.
Friday 14 July 2006 3.20pm
The answer is whenever I am on the 78 bus either trying to go to or returning from work!

Not sure that helps though :)
Sunday 16 July 2006 9.55am
That tower bridge lifts info is hopeless. They never mention the unusual ships and boats that arrive from time to time such as:
Voyage of Understanding reaches Tower Bridge
Friday 14 July 2006 London SE1 website team

They seem to compile the schedule months in advance mentioning just the daily traffic and never mention the one-off visits.
http://www.livesights.com used to do a newsletter with a full list of bridge lifts but that was discontinued a couple of years ago.

You would think the LondonSE1 website team
would give us advance warning of interesting arrivals. (Hint)
Sunday 16 July 2006 10.27am
Does anyone know why the "Woolwich Ferry" is paying us a visit next weekend?

The prospect of hiring any of the MVs Ernest Bevin, John Burns or James Newman for a booze cruise is rather mind boggling.

Or now that Ken controls the ferries, do they regularly practice manouevres for his escape from City Hall when all the land routes are besieged by mutinous lynch mobs protesting against his plans for higher congestion charges?
Monday 17 July 2006 12.12pm
Lang Rabbie wrote:
Does anyone know why the "Woolwich Ferry" is paying us a visit next weekend?

As I recall, it does a charity excursion every summer - I think it was with disabled children last year.

Must make a pleasant change from just crossing back and forth!
Monday 17 July 2006 12.32pm
Possel wrote:
As I recall, it does a charity excursion every summer - I think it was with disabled children last year.
Yes - more info here

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 17 July 2006 12.37pm
phoney wrote:
You would think the LondonSE1 website team
would give us advance warning of interesting arrivals. (Hint)
I know that you've suggested this before, and I wouldn't rule it out - but I am loathe to simply duplicate what's on the Tower Bridge site ... and pulling together more detailed information on river movements is no small task.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 17 July 2006 1.22pm
the bridge will definitely open on Friday August 4th at about 7:45pm (going down river), and probably about 10:30/10:45pm coming back up river.

There will be a party on board a boat called The Dixie Queen.

unfortunately i'll not be at the party on the boat, as i'll be down in Cornwall for my best mates wedding, but i thought i'd let you all know that the bridge will be opening.
Monday 17 July 2006 1.38pm
I saw the ferry go through the bridge last summer, decked out in large banners saying "Annual River Trip" and steaming along to live music. There were huge cheers from the boat when the bridge was lifted.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: