Looking for a snooker partner!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 17 July 2006 6.45pm
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and am looking for a snooker partner or partners. I currently play quite badly alas, so ideally it would be someone who is also looking to get some practise in, maybe with a beer to aid said practise?

I'm thinking around the Elephant & Castle area, but if you should know of a good place, that would be fine with me.
Tuesday 18 July 2006 9.13am
I would offer, but alas my spare time should all be going toward revision for exams at the minute, and I really shouldn't tempt myself with snooker! If you haven't found anywhere to play yet then the Rileys at Victoria (round the back of the coach station) is reasonable and the C10 goes to right outside it from Elephant.
Tuesday 18 July 2006 9.23am
i used to play a bit, but haven't found anywhere nearby, i did see a place down in Morden that looked reasonable, and there is the snooker hall underneath Centre Point at Tottenham Court Road.
Tuesday 18 July 2006 10.48am
Zan's in Tooting. Where the great Jimmy White used to practise.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 18 July 2006 5.18pm
Well thanks guys. I thought Riley's had one at the Elephant, but it looks like that has closed. So I will have to venture further afield. I've played in the Kings Cross snooker hall, that's a good one - also on the northern line which is good for me. ADT, I won't try and lure you away from your studies! Jon, if you did fancy a game, let me know.
Wednesday 19 July 2006 11.03am
i'm not that good - my highest break was only 18 (last three colours!)

but if you do find somewhere more local, send me a pm.

there used to be a 'snooker hall' neon sign above a shop just on the OKR, opposite the East St Library, for ages, but if i recall correctly the sign has gone now, and i never did work out where the place was or how to get in.
Tuesday 19 December 2006 5.49pm
hi all,
i've noticed that this discussion is quite old so i may be a bit late! i've just moved to the area and am looking to get some snooker in over the winter months. i live just off borough high street so if anyone can recommend any local clubs or fancies a game and a beer let me know. Cheers
Tuesday 19 December 2006 6.30pm
i don't think anyone's found anything.

i wouldn't mind going to the snooker club at Centre Point, it's not SE1, but it's easy enought to get to on a No1 bus.

anywhere nearer would be good.

maybe that's what the local area is lacking - a snooker club.

we could suggest that they open one in the new Tesco developement...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: