No Water!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 25 July 2006 11.47am
The mains water supply has been off for the last 2 hours without warning.

Is anyone else suffering?
Tuesday 25 July 2006 12.04pm
Yes we have no water either ... on Long Lane nr Simon the Tanner ...
Tuesday 25 July 2006 12.20pm
Remember that big hole I mentioned that the water board kept digging right outside our building on Long Lane ? Well, this weekend they came back and dug the same hole, in the same place, just on the opposite side of the road (next to the Tabard building) and there are now lots of people busily working away in it. Suspect that may well be the cause of the water outage.

Rumours that they've simply been looking at the plans the wrong way up for the last three weeks are, as yet, unconfirmed... ;-)
Tuesday 25 July 2006 12.25pm
Edited to say, I've just received an email saying there are emergency water repair works going on in the SE1 area on a 9" main.

No indication of when water will be restored, but there will be an update at 14:00 on the Thames Water customer care line - 0845 9200 800.
Tuesday 25 July 2006 1.13pm
oh dear i hope it is on tonight cannot go without a shower in this weather
Tuesday 25 July 2006 1.26pm
oh dear, I programmed the washing machine to come on at 4pm. hope it's not going to bust the washing machine....
Tuesday 25 July 2006 3.25pm
tried the automated service and it says no problems in the area so is it all back on now?
Tuesday 25 July 2006 3.40pm
Just tried and seems to be!
Tuesday 25 July 2006 5.48pm
Borough High Street pavement opposites the Borough tube station was ripped up a few months ago, relayed, and now is being ripped up again. don't know if its water related but looked like they were exposing pipes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: