Disappointed at the Royal Oak

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.13pm
to crowded in belushi's....prefer a more refined style of boozing myself...
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.22pm
Red_Bus ! nice to see you back!
can't tell if you were being a bit sarcastic there, trying to get fewer people to go to that terrible pub The Royal Oak... ;-)
Surely the best place to go is the Vinopolis bar.
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.33pm
Why thank you. yes, was being a wee bit *sarky*. I love the Royal Oak too much to see it jampacked. And it is pretty busy already. I sent Jackie a PM to let her know after her post.

Of course Belushi's is a complete hole and I wouldn't go there unless I had a can of petrol and a big box of matches :o)
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.34pm
You keeping well?
Friday 28 July 2006 8.40am
Ah, Red Bus, that's who my PM is from. Alas, I cant get IN to PMs. Have written to James on Feedback about this...anyone else having the problem?
Friday 28 July 2006 9.25am
I got accosted (in a very friendly way) by one of the barmaids from the Oak on the way back home last night.

It caught me by surpsise though, as she hailed me from a fair distance, in the dark, and I was fairly "relaxed" after meeting some of you in te Britannia.

Mrs I thought there was something fishy going on, until I explained otherwise.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 28 July 2006 3.01pm
I think the staff there are lovely.
One of them ran after me to give me my cardi when I left it behind, and we got free drinks at New Year.

Belushis is now posting suited bouncers outside the door, with a red rope barrier sectioning off the pavement outside (to hold the paparazzi back?)
Sunday 30 July 2006 8.30pm
Yes, I have heard Belushis is the new Ivy and the paps are on to it. Apparently, SE1's happening crowd love it.

I am told you could bump into madge and guy, or sit comfortably, debating with the regulars, or maybe just enjoy their wonderful steamed lobster for a fiver.

Much, much better than a washed-up old boozer like the Royal oak.

; 0)
Sunday 30 July 2006 9.40pm
yup, and it is free in for women on ladeeez nite too.

bargain!
Monday 31 July 2006 2.24pm
Red_bus i'm fine thanks. Fairly sure i saw you on your bike on Saturday evening - heading up towards the river, past the Globe theatre - i shouted and waved, but couldn't remember your real name - and shouting "red bus!" in London might have made me look a bit mad - probably about half four ish.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network