Further Stairlift gloom

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 27 July 2006 4.32pm
No angle seems to make the Managment Company here ready to agree to my modest little stairlift. Disability Rights say they have no jurisdiction on private buildings. The Council are outraged but can do nothing. The ONE tenant to seems determined to throw a spanner in the works seem to have more clout than me, but is this democracy? I pay the highest service charges in the block and cant see that asking to put in a small, discreet stairlift at my own expense could be to anyone's disadvantage. I'm gutted and furious. I cant afford to move. What would YOU do?
Thursday 27 July 2006 5.11pm
cross your fingers and hope that the mealy mouthed git who opposes such a thing as a stairlift is at some time incapacitated.....
Thursday 27 July 2006 5.23pm
... by some unknown persons with baseball bats? mayhap?
Thursday 27 July 2006 5.37pm
Jackie
You've already thought about this I'm sure, but have you looked
at a powered stair walker? I'm sure if your selfish neighbour
seen you struggle (? although looks quite easy from the images),
then they may have some compassion and accept that a stair lift
is an easier and more convenient solution...

Quick Google brought these up:

http://www.sano-stair-climber.com/
http://www.mobility-mhs.co.uk/
Thursday 27 July 2006 10.29pm
Jackie,

Have you contacted Age Concern? They may be able to point you in the right direction.

TLMJJ
Thursday 27 July 2006 10.35pm
Better idea, Jackie - contact LEASE - you have the details, don't you?
Friday 28 July 2006 6.38am
Thanks everyone, will get on to all these things ASAP. I am SO baffled at the utter illogicality of all this.
Friday 28 July 2006 7.15am
Jackie, just out of idol curiosity have you approached the person who is blocking your plans for a stairlift? after all they are not permanent fixtures are they...perhaps he may back down if persuaded by your charm...or you could still bash him with JonR's implement!
Friday 28 July 2006 7.38am
Oh YES, of course I've talked to him. And his wife. The number one complaint is that I didnt ask them (absolutely not true, and I even have an email from him saying as long as Peverel puts one in he's up for it, although he's thinking of selling....this is from two years ago ) and this time when I applied formally to the Management I copied all three flats on my floor (we are only four) into the letter. But he said that wasnt enough. (Even though he was in India at the time). You cant do anything with someone who is determined to feel his dignity is wounded. I have complied with all their complaints so far (my pictures, my cats) and I suppose I'm silly that I've been so meek. But I thought if one has to live with someone for a hundred years one should try to comply.
Friday 28 July 2006 7.50am
Every time you're going to be using the stairs why don't you ring his bell and ask for his help ... and keep ringing ... and keep ringing ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network