Crockatt & Powell

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 27 July 2006 11.01pm
Popped into the (relatively) new bookshop in Lower Marsh the other day and I can recommend it. Nice selection, friendly, some stuff you would not normally see in waterstones. I ordered something from them and if it turns up promptly I will post. And if not, will also post :o)
Friday 28 July 2006 10.17am
I think it's great they named the shop after the guys in Miami Vice
Friday 28 July 2006 10.40am
Bridgehouse wrote:
I think it's great they named the shop after the guys in Miami Vice

(sighs wistfully...) i used to have a lime green jacket which, when i rolled the sleeves up, made me look like Crockett. Or was it Tubbs?
Friday 28 July 2006 11.44am
oddly enough - i went into there yesterday to get a leaving present for my boss, asked if they had any books about wine, or cricket, and left with a very nice hard back dictionary type thing of wines, and a small book about extra-ordinary english cricketers.

The two people in there seemed incredibly nice, and quite knowledgable too.

and i noticed in the window a book called 'First Love' by Turgenyev, which was one that i studied for A level Russian, it's the first time i've seen it in any book shop anywhere!
Friday 28 July 2006 11.52am
There is a Miama Vice film coming out soon as it happens, so watch for a revival in white linens and pastel shades.

Erm sorry... back to the topic...
Monday 31 July 2006 2.09pm
Not an extensive stock as the big chains, but they are nice, knowledgeable and will order books on approval - usually within a couple of days. Support them!!
Monday 31 July 2006 5.41pm
Miami Vice and Russian A Levels? What a diverse and eclectic lot we SE1-ers are.

But wait, no Miami-an literature, or Russian Depravity?
Tuesday 1 August 2006 9.30am
Bridgehouse wrote:
so watch for a revival in white linens and pastel shades.

And men who wear linen jackets with rolled up sleeves ...

And yes I went into aforementioned bookshop yesterday for the first time and was impressed - came out cash lighter but book heavier - and was pleased to see that a table of books on display had most of our book club reading on it ...
Tuesday 1 August 2006 10.24am
Oh how WONDERFUL, since my lovely Words Worth in Camberwell closed down I've been desperate. One day we may get a book shop in the Elephant (we do have a fab. 2nd hand book shop downstairs in the shopping centre, but our local WHSmith only has about ten books).
Tuesday 1 August 2006 11.34am
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
... our local WHSmith only has about ten books).

It can be worth looking around in their January sale for stuff that seemingly never made it out of the stock room before Christmas at "full" price. I picked up the new Alexander McCall Smith in hardback for 1!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: