Simon the Tanner re opening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 31 July 2006 4.32pm
I have heard that the Tanner is re opening. A previous bar manager - Arif that was there a while ago is coming back either this week or next to run it.

I wonder how long it will be open for......
Monday 31 July 2006 4.40pm
there were people moving in there over the weekend so soon i guess.

they have applied for a late licence for entertainment fro 8 am till 1 am and for drinking from 8 am till 1-30 am throughout the week
Monday 31 July 2006 5.00pm
A licence from 8 - 1.30am? glad i dont live next door....will they have karaoke!
Monday 31 July 2006 5.04pm
i hope not!(although i am sure that you are a wonderful singer Jan!) those of us that do have the dubious honor of party walls are objecting very strongly!
Monday 31 July 2006 5.12pm
Seriously Dee....how they justify such late drinking times in the week, why not Friday and Sat only? If the licensing department staff lived next door and had to get up at 6am/7am for work they would put the kybosh on it double quick...

p.s. my singing skills have been likened to a parrot with severe constipation ( or an old bird who's trying squeeze just one more song out!) When I find a karaoke that is worthy of such a voice, I am going to drag Ivanhoe and Missus out!
Monday 31 July 2006 5.20pm
i don't know it has to go in front of the committee and hopefully it will be turned down again. There are still plans to build flats (under appeal)over the pub and when this happens the pub will have to shut whilst the work is done so it looks like an attempt to make money. They also tried to be very sneaky and only put the notice in the window re the application for 6 days and not the required 28 but thankfully it was spotted and we now have until the 19th August for objections.

do publish the date and venue for the duet!
Monday 31 July 2006 9.24pm
i saw the application in the window on Thursday night and mentioned it at the social event.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: