Pot-holes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 December 2001 5.29pm
Has anyone else noticed the appalling state of the roads in Southwark recently? Especially around the junction of Tower Bridge and Abbey Street. The only digging I see are the cable companies making the situation worse! I feel sorry for cyclists and those of us with sensitive suspension.

Isn't it time the council sort this problem out if SE1/SE16 is to be the new 'Hoxton'...
Monday 3 December 2001 8.09pm
If you spot a pot-hole on Lambeth side of SE1 contact Cllr Peter Truesdale(ptruesdale@lambeth.gov.uk). The Lib Dems have just done a postal survey in Bishops Ward, and amongst other things have asked respondants to name their favourite pot-hole. I don't know what the winning pot-hole will receive as a prize. Perhaps it could be included in a new bicycle route.
Maybe there is scope for this forum to identify the biggest pot-hole in SE1, and there could be an inter post-code competition. I live two houses away from SE1 and there is a corker in my street so I think SE11 will win. But from what you say Hoxton is not in with a chance.
Thursday 13 December 2001 3.47pm
As a Cyclist, I nominate the Elephant & Castle roundabout as the having most dangerous potholes in the area. The safest way to ride any roundabout (apart from avoiding it altogether) is to be decisive and pedal at a decent speed. This is almost impossible at E&C - the deep potholes spread themselves across the road hinder your every move making you look like a dithering idiot. Very dangerous
not here anymore
Saturday 15 December 2001 4.49pm
Nice to see you diversifying.....
Wednesday 9 January 2002 8.45pm
The one outside Borough tube station is third world standard!

I drive an old MG and London is killing it - wonder if Uncle Ken will buy me new suspension?

Ha ha!

DaveTizzy wrote:
>
> Has anyone else noticed the appalling state of the roads in
> Southwark recently? Especially around the junction of Tower
> Bridge and Abbey Street. The only digging I see are the
> cable companies making the situation worse! I feel sorry for
> cyclists and those of us with sensitive suspension.
>
> Isn't it time the council sort this problem out if SE1/SE16
> is to be the new 'Hoxton'...
Thursday 24 January 2002 1.22pm
I found another one which is worth a mention. Very nice crater-size at the junction of Long Lane, Borough side. We have to throw ourselves to the left of the car for fear that the vehicle will topple as we hit the point of entry!

Talk about dangerous...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: