Stopping the cyclists at More London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 20
Wednesday 2 August 2006 12.46pm
Saw some excellent cyclist stuff this morning. At More London between Tower Bridge and Hayes Galleria men in yellow vests with More London logos on were trying to stop cyclists using the paved pedestrian area by the river.

They weren't having too much success, but I did listen in to a cyclist being giving a telling off; she was told that it's private property and that she has to walk as it's dangerous to ride along there. Shame they weren't having much success though, the lady I saw hopped back on her bike and rode off ringing her bell to clear a path though the pedestrians.

If cyclists wont listen to a reasonable argument sterner treatment should be dished out. I'd suggest knocking cyclists off the path and into the Thames, that should do it.

Does seem to contradict the current TFL pro-cyclist campaign though (I assume this is run from the mayors office at More London).
Wednesday 2 August 2006 1.20pm
swiftus wrote:

If cyclists wont listen to a reasonable argument sterner treatment should be dished out. I'd suggest knocking cyclists off the path and into the Thames, that should do it.

Hey Swiftus - if you get in my way - prepare to have cycle tread marks all over your face boyo!

:o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
JSG
Wednesday 2 August 2006 1.28pm
Anyone else notice that in the TFL advert they promote cyclists cycling along the south bank and talking about how marvellous cycling in London is.
Wednesday 2 August 2006 1.32pm
yes and you can cycle along some of the south bank of the Thames, just not all of it. as stated above, More London is technically private property, but they've let public access happen, and the public who do access that area should abide by rules, regulations set out by the owner, ie no cycling.
seems perfectly fair and logical to me.
maybe they should put up a few signs to make it obvious that cycling is not permitted on that stretch, but other than that, they should catch Red_Bus (and the others) as often as they cycles past!
Wednesday 2 August 2006 1.34pm
Yup - they do feature it on the TV ads.

Looks fun. And, hey it is fun too!

Yesterday, standing by Park Street gossiping (one of my many and varied vices) I saw three businessmen in sharp suits whizz past on fold-up Bromptons in the space of a minute. It did my heart good to see it!

Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Wednesday 2 August 2006 4.00pm
I've recently noticed that More London have been clamping bikes locked to the railings.
Fair enough most of the railings have a small sign saying not to, but there are some railings that dont and it is always on these that they have been clamped. More London are probably quite enjoying snaring unsuspecting cyclists as there is a release fee. Seems a bit underhand.
Wednesday 2 August 2006 4.07pm
ditto wrote:
More London are probably quite enjoying snaring unsuspecting cyclists as there is a release fee.

I doubt this represents a significant income stream for a multi million pound property complex.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 2 August 2006 4.20pm
I was clamped in the environs about 2 weeks ago and they did try it on with 'there is a release fee' but I refused and they released the bike anyway. I can understand the clamping (even if I may not agree) but I am surprised that they ask for a release fee. I suspect that it is a bit of a bluff.

edited to add that they did scrape the frame with the lock though - scumbags!

Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Wednesday 2 August 2006 4.38pm
How much bicycle parking have More London provided and is it in convenient places or hidden out of peoples view and convenient for bike thieves?
Jac
Wednesday 2 August 2006 4.45pm
Emmesse wrote:
How much bicycle parking have More London provided and is it in convenient places or hidden out of peoples view and convenient for bike thieves?

I cant think of any on the more london development. There is cycle parking outside "on your bike" on tooley street next to the infamous rambrants but these are more often and not full when I try to use them (3-4 times a weeks various times of the day)so I have to use a lamp post instead.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: