The Rake - the Utobeer Bar

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
red_bus Wednesday 2 August 2006 7.38pm
Is nearing completion on Winchester Walk. Peeked in the windows and it looks fine. They will have a small outside deck too. Can't wait!!

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?

Related news & features

Osamede Wednesday 2 August 2006 10.29pm
Man, those guys are making a bar? I hope its good. I love their beer selection.

BTW, one of the guys who runs Utobeer says he used to run the pub at the location near elephant & castle which is now coverted to a Thai pub-restaurant.
kenwick Wednesday 2 August 2006 11.06pm
Their bottled beer selection is quite good. Think they'll also offer a variety of real ale on the pumps? I always seem to migrate to the Market Porter to try something different.
Julie Thursday 3 August 2006 10.05am
Sounds like an excuse for an SE1 social to me ... or book club ... or poker night ... or cider tasting ...
James Hatts Thursday 3 August 2006 10.14am
I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned cider - they are promising a range of about 10 ciders:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/542/the-rake

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Julie Thursday 3 August 2006 10.50am
Perhaps we could tempt you there, James?
chavender Friday 4 August 2006 4.38pm
They both used to run the pub that is now the Thai place - it used to be a pub called Bedlam.
Ivanhoe Friday 4 August 2006 4.54pm
If they do 10 ciders, and if any of them are English, it's better than the range at the shop the last time I looked.

Of course, if they do start selling real cider then I will champion their cause and hope to be a frequent visitor. Fingers crossed

...if you press it, they will come.
chavender Friday 4 August 2006 5.34pm
When is it opening?
Lang Rabbie Friday 4 August 2006 5.43pm
Yesterday, supposedly
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions