Alarm at Norton Rose Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 August 2006 9.41pm
Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there has been a continuous string of fire alarms over the past 10 days.
The alarm is rather like a 'doorbell' in sound, but has a long message recited by a recorded female voice annnouncing the fact that a 'fire has been reported' followed by a long process for evacuation.
This continues ad-nauseam for a good few minutes. A brief pause ensues, after which the alarm and voice continue from the start once again. This starts as early as 7am and can go on until as late as 11pm.
As a resident so close to the development, this is both annoying and unnecessary as the building has not yet been occupied.
Has anyone else heard the same?
Wednesday 2 August 2006 10.23pm
Heard it tonight for the first time (I live in Gainsford Street). Took forever for it to be switched off. Have you tried telling More London about it?
Wednesday 2 August 2006 10.31pm
Hi Andrew,
This evening I went to see the security guards - not sure that they could do anything. They denied any alarms going off at all.
Just glad to know someone else has heard.
Thanks for the message.
James
Wednesday 2 August 2006 11.11pm
Hi James

I see the "non-existent" alarm is going off again (around midnight). I have sent an email to feedback@morelondonestates.co.uk, referring them to this thread and suggesting that the matter could be raised with Southwark council if the on-site management can't deal with it themselves. You might want to do likewise.

Andrew
Wednesday 2 August 2006 11.30pm
It might be worth contacting the Noise Team at Southwark council about this. 020 7525 5777

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/environment/NoiseProblems/
Thursday 3 August 2006 9.20am
Andrew and the Lady Miss Jo Jo,

Thank you for the number and the email address. Will follow up on that today.

James

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: