what ever happened to service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 10 April 2003 5.27am
I visited a local chain store yesterday to buy some ink cartridges for our printer and took them items to the cash desk. The price I was given was wrong and when I queeried it I was told to go and sort it out with the man in the blue shirt on the other side of the shop. As I had already tried to buy the items in 3 other shops without success I went and asked the man in the blue shirt. It turned out that someone had put one of the items on the wrong shelf. I then went back to the cash-desk and had to queue again. I received no appology. In fact, the cashier sounded as though he couldn't care less. Afterwards I complained to the customer service person, who didn't seem to understand my point that it is not the customers responsibility to sort out their mistakes. I pointed out that The cashier should have called for assistance. I also pointed out that it would have been nice to receive an appology. I will nbot return to that shop again. Is this normal service nowadays, or was I unlucky. "oh! for internet shopping."
Thursday 10 April 2003 12.10pm
Getting good service is quite rare I find, and I am not an older person, moaning about the "old days". I was in Tesco (the Old Kent Road branch) the other day, and it is just appalling. The majority of the customers are rude, the staff are rude, the shelves are only half full, and the place smells like rotting cabbages. I will be shopping via the internet from now on. The check out lady (if you can call her that) barely grunted at me, threw the credit card receipt down, didn't even bother to hand me a pen, no words of thank you or anything. It makes me so angry.
Max
Thursday 10 April 2003 1.11pm
I don't work at Tesco's but there are several friendly and helpful staff at Tesco's Metro in the E & C shopping cente, so now I usually stand in the extra long line just so that I will get a friendly check out operator.
Jai
Monday 14 April 2003 9.57am
people no longer have pride in the work they do.

'tis a shame...

Varkenslachter
Dan
Monday 14 April 2003 3.06pm
it seems that most shops in London have the crappest assistants and customer service skills!
Monday 14 April 2003 7.01pm
Not wishing to turn this into a Tesco thread but I am amazed at the difference in service from store to store. I occasionally stop and shop in the Cromwell Rd store at the top of Earls Ct when I am working in West London. The staff there are without failure the most helpful bunch I have found. Last week I practically stood stationary whilst three members of staff rushed around finding items for me, and someone packing my bags and offering help to put them in the car. How very different from the OKR. I wonder why? Or do I?
Tuesday 15 April 2003 4.43am
I must admit Tesco OKR seems to be a law unto itself. about a year ago I w2as being served by a robot who seemed to be in need of a change of battery in the communication power unit when a mobile phone began to ring. The robot immediately stopped scanning my purchases and whipped out her mobile and began to chatter. I was stunned. As my daughter worked for another branch the time, I knew for a fact they are not even allowed to have them with them on the shop floor. I did on that occasion complain to the manager. My oraingal message about printer cartridges wasn't in Tesco, but to keep the balance even;ly spead, it was curreys.
Tuesday 15 April 2003 8.04am
And the Tesco advert on television has to be a joke. I have never been in a branch of Tesco, where staff have offered to find something, and certainly I have never seen any empty checkouts opened just because there is at least one person in front of me in the queue. My experience is that there is not enough staff to open all checkouts.

Tuesday 15 April 2003 8.33am
Old Kent Road has staff with attitude, customers with attitude and just sucks to be honest.... I had enough of seeing people trying to eat there way through the trolley contents before reaching the checkout... I voted with feet and now shop at Canada Water Tesco - so so much better in all aspects.
Tuesday 15 April 2003 9.53am
OKR is a million miles better than E&C Tescos. But if you go to a nice middle class area, they will open checkouts for you, find your remaining items for you and otherwise bend over backwards for you!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: