Bankside stripes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
ADT
Friday 4 August 2006 8.23am
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1946

This is now unveiled (not sure if there will be a big 'official' unveiling at some point?) and I think it's pretty good, although a shame to lose the Bankside lettering. They've got lighting for it as well, which might create a nice spot of colour on dismal grey winter days, assuming it hasn't picked up too thick a layer of grime by then.
Friday 4 August 2006 8.52am
when you drive by it makes my eyeballs go funny and me stomach sick..i wonder if that does to any one else?
Friday 4 August 2006 9.00am
Paul Smith loves it..
Friday 4 August 2006 9.08am
i walked past it this moring thought it looks like an advert for gap!
Friday 4 August 2006 9.38am
I'm with Janefs! First glance at the design - I assumed it was an advert, especially with a PS shop around the corner in Borough Market.

Maybe it looks different in reality?
Friday 4 August 2006 1.34pm
It looks like a giant multi coloured supermarket product code.

I‘d have to see it in reality to know whether I like it.
Friday 4 August 2006 2.01pm
my friend has just pointed out it may have a nasty effect on epeleptics?
Friday 4 August 2006 3.09pm
Hmmm, not so sure about that. Photosensitive epilepsy is relatively rare amongst epileptics and requires a strong contrast across the pattern (e.g. an alternating black and white pattern rather than colour). Think sitting right up close to a black and white TV showing strobe images in a dark room rather than a nice Paul Smith-ey piece of street design. Possible, but not likely methinks.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Jac
Friday 4 August 2006 8.13pm
I saw the installation in the Tate when he was up for the Turner. The reality of these poured artworks are much better than the concept sketches which are rather flat and advert like. I thought it should have won, but he was beaten by Keith Tyson (I think). This will look great.

Mr Jac
Saturday 5 August 2006 7.01pm
Went past it this afternoon - not bad at all. If anything, perhaps a wee bit underwhelming - I was expecting a mammoth, heart-attack inducing colour apocalypse. And it isn't that.

...looks quite nice though.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: