Southwark Credit Card 'HOTLINE'

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 24 April 2003 8.26am
I have just spent a good 30 minutes solidly trying to get through to the Southwark Council Tax Credit Card 'Hotline' - Very impressive.

Does Southwark not want my money?

Why is it called a 'Hotline' when clearly it is far from that..

Which Clowns have they done a deal with to collect the money?

Wasn't this the same company that hounded a mentally ill man to commit suicide?

Pass the rope....
Thursday 24 April 2003 9.32am
Still trying.....
Max
Thursday 24 April 2003 9.47am
I rang yesterday about Council tax, was the 12th caller in line (it only accepts 14 callers as I have tried previously) 32 minutes later i was connected to somebody.
Not a good look on the phone for 32 mins, when the boss is walking past.
Thursday 24 April 2003 12.51pm
No....

Not Southwark going for the cheapest sub-contractor agaian and not the best value for money with best service levels!

I'm STILL trying to get through....

Maybe this company could take over the running of the Ambulance control?
Thursday 24 April 2003 2.02pm
Still trying.....
Thursday 24 April 2003 2.16pm
After two days of trying to call them I've had to send them a cheque instead. Much easier.
Thursday 24 April 2003 3.19pm
Contrast this to their environmental rubbish collection line which takes about 30 seconds to get through on, and will take away, for free, as much rubbish as you can generate. Very generous!
Thursday 24 April 2003 7.08pm
Dave - give up .. seriously, I spent a week, and never got through. I emailed, and never received a response. The 'outfit' are in Croydon actually, I have their address if you want to go and stand on the doorstep.

If you have internet banking then I suggest that as a much easier way of paying them.
Tuesday 29 April 2003 2.59pm
Spent about 25 minutes waiting on the phone to them today trying to find out why I'd been sent a bright red final notice for a council tax bill I had never received. Sorted that but was told I had to call the 'Hotline' to pay by card today, so spent another 3 hours trying to get through...
Internet banking is the only way to do it but it takes 3 days to clear and they were about to issue a summons.
To change subject slightly - does anyone else have a terrible time with post services in SE1?? I am constantly on the phone to Royal Mail complaining cos I never get post, then 2 days after I call, a month's worth of post miraculously arrives!

Tuesday 29 April 2003 4.09pm
I followed Tony's advice and gave up....

Dear Southwark,

Cheque is in the post......
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: