Southwark Credit Card 'HOTLINE'

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 29 April 2003 4.24pm
I now pay monthly by standing order, set up on line via my internet banking. However, I still received a red notice like you Tanya. I've ignored it and thrown it in the bin. The money has gone from my account. It really is pathetic service.

Tanya I have their direct email address if you want it. In the past I have simply sent an email stating my intentions. If you can't get through to a real person then just send an email telling them you are paying. Then take your time.
Tuesday 29 April 2003 4.27pm
I rang at 8.35 in the morning (lines supposed to be open from 8.30) and tried several times for about 15 mins, no answer. I eventually just let it ring and ring and after another 10 mins of the ringing tone I got through ! hurrah ! Worryingly though, it appeared that the assistant could not confirm my name and address, ie it just works on the basis of an account number and a payment, so if you read out the incorrect account number you're stuffed, as you've probably paid somebody elses bill !

Wednesday 30 April 2003 7.40am
I pay by direct debit too and also had a red letter... but to get the b**tards off my case I sent them the cheque anyway.

They really are a joke.

I wonder how many people got the red letter?

A Southwark year must have 13 months?
Wednesday 30 April 2003 7.56am
I had a similar experience in Wandsworth a few years ago (receiving a Summons although they were taking money by direct debit.)

My solicitor advised me to write a letter stating that all monies had and were being paid by direct debit and that all future correspondence would be ignored and binned. Seemed to work!
Wednesday 30 April 2003 10.01am
Thanks Tony, that email address would be great.

Wednesday 30 April 2003 4.55pm
Why not punt this thread to the members of the Southwark executive by email? Southwark email addresses are pretty standard: firstname.surname@southwark.gov.uk. The list of the executive is on their website.
Wednesday 30 April 2003 8.15pm
Tanya - it's soucounciltaxuk@liberata.com
Thursday 1 May 2003 1.14pm
Problems relating to Council Tax Hot Line:

I reply on behalf of Southwark Council in relation to the problems many of you have been experiencing in contacting the service.
Firstly I would like to offer an apology and appreciate that this does not necessarily diffuse anger as a result of inefficient service provision.
However, I would like to offer an explanation and give some hope that we are committed to resolving these issues.
The Call Centre receives on average 25,000 calls per month this can be exceeded during particularly busy periods. A significant amount of mail was issued last week which resulted in an increase in demand for personal contact, ie. phone calls, visits to One Stop Shops. Although the Call Centre was staffed at maximum capacity this still resulted in a high percentage of abandoned calls, for which I unreservedly apologise.
I am working with our contractor to ensure that where possible recovery notices are staggered to prevent this surge in calls over an intense period. Please note that demand has now reduced since the initial problems were identified.
The other issue is the Payment hotline, as a Council we are undertaking a review of our cashiers service and confirm that problems in relation to payment by credit card over the phone will be resolved.

Assistant Director Revenues & Benefits
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network