Schools in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 August 2006 1.36pm
Does anyone have any advice about schools in SE1?

I have a 2 year old and I need to register her for a school. I have heard that Cathedral school is good but difficult to get into.

Do you have any reccommendations for schools and any tips about how to get a place?

Thanks Lucy
Wednesday 9 August 2006 3.39pm
The best thing to do is check the Southwark Council website as that will explain the process to you. If you are wanting a reception class place the application forms are available from the September before your child will start (they turn 5 in their reception year); ditto a nursery place. There are no easy ways now as you have to go through a central admissions process (CAF). Church schools, such as Cathedral, also have an additional application form but you still have to apply through the CAF.

The best thing to do is ring schools up and go and visit them. A gut instinct is as important as a league table!
Wednesday 9 August 2006 6.06pm
I think Friars is an excellent school.
Tuesday 15 August 2006 7.29am
I have a 4-year old just about to start and the word on the streets is that it is a choice between Chrles Dickens and Friars. We have gone for Charles Dickens as it is strong on creative subjects and the fact that the very good head of Friars is leaving. Actually so is the head of CD but the new head is meant to be very good.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: