Car Hire in or near SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 August 2006 9.38am
I would like to hire a car for a couple of weeks. I am 23 years old. Can anyone recommend a reputable car hire company in the SE1 area who would hire a car to me, preferably (but not necessarily) without a hefty surcharge for being 23.

Has anyone ever hired from Sixt in Victoria? Their minimum age is 23 - they look a bit dodgy though so I would be interested in any feedback.

What is the Avis Carvenience thing listed in the directory on this website? I can't find any information online about it.

thanks.
Thursday 10 August 2006 9.56am
I've used car point on the corner of Borough Road before and they have been very good and reasonible cost wise-don't know if they charge more for certain ages mind you
Thursday 10 August 2006 9.58am
Thanks for the reply, I will check them out.

I have just been finding out about Streetcar. Does anyone use (and rate) them? It seems great! Do members feel they get good value for money?

thanks
Thursday 10 August 2006 10.30am
in druid street, abbey street end..cant think of name..
ADT
Thursday 10 August 2006 10.53am
There is an EasyCar place just over Tower Bridge at the multistory off The Highway (called Thomas Moore carpark?), before we bought a car we used them a fair bit and they were pretty good, although they have ditched the A-class mercs and upped their prices a bit now. They did have a charge for under 25's, but it was not too steep.
Thursday 10 August 2006 11.18am
waterloo wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I will check them out.
I have just been finding out about Streetcar. Does anyone use (and rate) them? It seems great! Do members feel they get good value for money?

thanks

Just joined and used it for the first time last week - I think it's brilliant.

Have a look at their website - the channel 5 video tells you all you need to know.

Regards,

Loafer
Thursday 10 August 2006 1.33pm
Streetcar brilliant for short runs. Icar1 druid street cheapest and surprisingly good for more longer term bookings.
Friday 11 August 2006 2.35pm
I used 1-car-1 recently and were fine. Thrifty on Tower Bridge Road opposite Tanner Street also very good.
Saturday 12 August 2006 8.47pm
have used 1car1 also and can say they were good.
Sixt (Kenning) - were the choice of car hire for DEFRA during the Foot and Mouth Crisis, so they must be reasonably ok.
Monday 14 August 2006 12.18pm
I have been using Streetcar for quite a while, and they are absolutely brilliant. Other than that, for longer trips etc. I have been using AVIS, on York Road. Don't know how they compare to others in the area price wise, but the service is very good.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: