Gladstone Arms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 August 2006 8.05pm
Been awhile since the old Gladdy was discussed. When I lived on Tower Bridge Road I spent a number of pleasant Sundays there (also Fridays, Mondays, and Wednesdays). I have since moved to the States, and on a visit last November, got to stop in and see the horrid remodel, dense bar staff, and bizarre table configuration (sort of factory canteen meets psychiatric ward telly room), and shed a tear for the days of Paul, Sean, Ben, and my favorite fruit machine.

I have another visit coming up and heard a rumor that the place has been rebought by gay owners and possibly even remodeled. Is there any truth to this? Someone please say yes!
Thursday 10 August 2006 8.17pm
Ryan, I've split this off into a new thread, as there have been a couple of more recent threads than the one from January-March that you replied to.

Have a look at:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/51379
and
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/53791

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 11 August 2006 9.46pm
no its no better! and def not gay (staff hardly attractive if you know what i mean)..i cant see it surviving much longer
thye site could be turned into flats tho!
Monday 28 August 2006 6.15pm
Hey,

I'm the assistant manager at the newly refurbished Gladstone Arms that has been open for going on three months now...
We are under new management and have what is becoming a growing crowd of regulars.
We are pleased to be able to put on a few nights with a focus on folk blues and roots music.
Our next event is our Launch Party on the 31st featuring Rhoda Dakar formerly of The Specials!
The next, monthly, Moon Music Orchestra night on the 9th of September is gaining quite a following mainly due to the excellent Daniel Orcese, Findlay Brown, Robert Jesse, Simon Lord & Barbarosa.
We not a 'Gay Pub' in that we don't fly a flag, until I can find my Jolly Rodger, but are 'gay friendly' or is it that we don't care what floats yer boat as long as your into having a jar in a nice atmosphere with cool music.

Hope you can manage visit some time

Cheers

http://www.filthymacnastys.com/glad.html

Neal AKA Monk'
Monday 28 August 2006 8.32pm
I can add that a few friends of mine popped in the other evening and were v. impressed with the pub and the hospitality.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 2 January 2007 4.33pm
I love the Gladstone, but wondered why they can't try and make it less smoky. I dont normally mind a bit of smoke, but for such a small room and no windows open it is unbearable. Is there any solution??
Tuesday 2 January 2007 8.40pm
steffi wrote:
I love the Gladstone, but wondered why they can't try and make it less smoky. I dont normally mind a bit of smoke, but for such a small room and no windows open it is unbearable. Is there any solution??

Wait 7 months? :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: