Video/DVD rental shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 12 August 2006 12.38pm
does someone know of any dvd rental shops close to borough high street, like a blockbuster or something similar?

As an alternative Im thinking about subscribing to these through-the-post dvd rentals, but am reluctant to fork out for another monthly expense for something that i may or may not use regularly. Anyone used these types of rentals?
Saturday 12 August 2006 12.43pm
You can always be a trial-tart - there's enough of the internet ones around that you could probably get a year's worth of free trials. Just be careful to post the DVDs back and cancel the trial in time!
Saturday 12 August 2006 2.53pm
I find the library pretty good,they are cheap and u rent for a week .Also very helpful staff in the Borough one.
Saturday 12 August 2006 3.05pm
i've been a member of for a few months, and have found it great. pretty good value too - unlimited rentals for a tenner a month and no late fees etc
Saturday 12 August 2006 5.31pm
I also agree about using the library on Borough High street - wide choice of DVDs mostly 3 for a weeks hire. Nice helpful staff in their too,
Saturday 12 August 2006 6.45pm
I've used Screenselect for the last year and think they're pretty good. Fast turnaround. My only gripe is that the film reviews on their site, and their user ratings system in general isn't up to much. If you're into films then it's better to buy a copy of the Time Out film guide, or Halliwells, and do your film reading that way, and just use the screenselect site for ordering your dvds.

I'm not sure if Star Video on Walworth Rd is still going but they are the largest shop-based video rental library in the UK.
Saturday 12 August 2006 7.02pm
amazon do dvd rentals..really fast and huge number of titles. they post the movie out you watch it mail it back and when it arrives they send out the next one. you make up a list of movies online and you get them from your list...recommended
Saturday 12 August 2006 7.18pm
And if you sign up for Amazon DVD rentals via the button in the right hand column of this page, you can help support the running of this website.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 20 November 2006 12.57pm
Had a stroll down the Walworth Road yesterday and Star Video was gone. Anyone know what happened to this unique and fine establishment?
Monday 20 November 2006 2.09pm
Alternatively you could become a homechoice customer and get them through a magic box along with your broadband.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: