Borough Tube Closure !!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 25 April 2003 1.13am
I've heard that Borough Tube will be closed from late October 2003 until Septeber 2004 - something to do with diverting the London ring main in its proximity - will also result in closures to Jubilee line and very restricted access at London Bridge. It was confirmed by the GLA strategic planning commiteee last night - who's side is Red Ken on ????

what do y'al think ?
Friday 25 April 2003 9.21pm
Just wanted to tell you that I think you're amazing, Rory!

All your posts and responses are so varied and funny - you're my hero. Have you seen X Men 2 yet? I bet you're mentally mutated like that! Cool.

You really showed those home-loving-Daily-Mail-reading-moaning-minnies-more-intelligent-than-you'll-ever-be-SE'1ers with your hilarious, censored rhetoric.

Build whatever you want in SE1 - no, really, we know you're a v. intelligent property developer (geographical morphology and all that) and not a bored, drunk student. GO RORY!

Long live the nappies jokes! They were GENIUS!

Post edited (25 Apr 03 23:04)
Saturday 26 April 2003 1.52am
I don't think we should be too hard on him ... I guess that, judging by the now deleted threads & messages, Rory re-read his post-ale ramblings and decided better of it. We've all had that morning-after feeling of sobriety (and regretted the night before).
Tuesday 29 April 2003 12.49am

Ugh! It's my local tube station.

Is there any way we can campaign to stop this?
Tuesday 29 April 2003 7.49am
How is this "Red Ken's" fault? Some people think he drives all the buses and trains personally. It's "whose", by the way, not "who's".
Tuesday 29 April 2003 9.08am
Well someone must take responsibility. And I agree that the loss of Borough Tube station for a year is a bad thing, although I suppose the thinking is that E&C can serve the southern end and London Bridge the northern end of Borough.

Oh and by the way Kevin I believe it is now acceptable to start a sentence with 'And'. Just in case you were planning to pick me up on my grammar.
Tuesday 29 April 2003 1.59pm
"And" is fine by me, Tony. Just wonder if anyone has blamed "Red Ken" for Sars yet.
Tuesday 29 April 2003 3.27pm
Getting back to the original posting. Does anyone have the details of how long the jubille line will be closed and what restrictions there will be at London Bridge? To loose both stations at the same time will cause even greater problems as it is the obvious alternative station
Tuesday 29 April 2003 4.22pm
Can you shed any more light on this Rory?

As far as I can see the London Assembly doesn't have a strategic planning committee.
Tuesday 29 April 2003 5.49pm
didn't anyone else think that Rory might just be a wind up merchant?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: