Feliks Topolski gallery

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 August 2006 2.52pm
Firstly, What is this place? It always looks so ominous and dodgy that I have never been in.

Secondly, It is in a prime location, especially now so many of the other arches are being filled with new bars and cafes etc, but it is hardly ever even open, and even when it is open, noone seems to go in. Am I alone in thinking it's just a waste of a great space in a prime location? It seems to have been there forever but I wish it would close.
Sunday 13 August 2006 3.01pm
Have a read of this:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2081

I'd much rather have something different and individual like the Topolski memoir than yet another chain bar or restaurant.

The first time I went in there some years ago the security guard was asleep and it was hard to make much sense of it.

Earlier this year I went on a tour which really brought it to life.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 13 August 2006 4.21pm
Thanks for the link. I am interested to read about it ...but it just looks so gloomy and unappealing! It really doesn't seem to get many visitors (probably at least in part because it is open so rarely). It looks like some kind of 70s 'House of Horrors' from the outside... or maybe it's just me who thinks that! They should really consider doing some advertising or something, it's in an incredible, central river-side location with loads of tourists coming by every day of the year, but they all just traipse right past. That article implied that they would be doing more publicity, but I haven't seen any (of course, I may just be missing it!!). I'm keen to see what it's all about though so I may just go and check it out this week. Will report back if I do!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: