Las Iguanas

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 August 2006 1.56pm
I was out with my boyfriend on friday night, looking for somewhere to have dinner. We'd read in the SE1 magazine that Las Iguanas was opening so popped along to see what it was like. They had a trial-run opening on friday, just for family and friends, but they let us in as long as we appreciated that it was a 'test run'. The food was nice - quite unusual and though not necessarily to my taste it was cooked very well. They couldn't have been more helpful. I'd be interested to see what it's like on a 'real' friday night - but I would definately recommend a visit
Monday 21 August 2006 10.23am
I went on Saturday night - the food was pretty good (loads of good veggie options as well as lots of meat ones which is always good to see). I loved the opportunity to try all of the different things (plantain, etc) that I hadn't had before. The dessert was awful and very expensive though, give it a miss. Coffee was lovely. I'd recommend it and would go again.
Monday 21 August 2006 5.56pm
I went with my bf late on Saturday night for a drink, found the place had friendly staff, not too in your face, had some great S. American dishes on the menu, but best of all, the made a mean Caipirinha !
Tuesday 22 August 2006 9.00am
Hi - Where abouts is it ? - Thanks
Tuesday 22 August 2006 9.25am
Between the Royal Festival Hall and Hungerford Bridge, on the high level (ie same level as Queen Elizabeth Hall and Hayward Gallery)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 8.35pm
My husband and I tried Las Iguanas last week and I wasn't too impressed. The decor is nice inside, but the food and service was not very good.

I had the paella and my husband had the chille con carne. Both were very bland and unexciting. My husband's dish tasted like it was served out of a tin. We also had chips and salsa and their salsa tasted very bland and was not fresh.

The service was very slow and not at all attentive. I personally would not recommend.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 8.50pm
Sorry, what type of food do they served?
Wednesday 18 April 2007 9.05pm
Brazilian / south american. If you follow the above hyperlinks you will be able to view menus and stuff.

I have been and thought the drinks and cassava chips were the best bit! I haven't been to Cubana yet but would imagine that it is much better.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 11.34pm
Its a shame all the new eating places round the Royal festival hall have been bland chains so far.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: