St Johns Waterloo - Charity Concert

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 December 2001 8.54am
Dear All

I am looking to gather support for a charity performance of the Messiah in St John's Waterloo. This candlelit performance will take place on the 24th of January in the Church and will be performed by London Festival Orchestra conducted by Ross Pople. Tickets can be reserved for 10 or 7.50 concessions from 020 7928 9251.

'Breakaway' the charity run from the church in support of the homeless will be benefit from the performance. Please contact me if you would like to be involved - this does not mean just helping with the funds there are various other ways in which you might be able to help. We would like to turn this into an annual event with real local focus. This concert will also be celebrating the re-building of St John's 50 years ago during the festival of Britain.

London Festival Orchestra is a near neighbour to the church residing in Theed Street. Their website address is

I look forward to hearing from all of you with any ideas on how we can make this a successful occassion for everyone.

Ian Pressland
General Manager
London Festival Orchestra
Saturday 15 December 2001 4.20pm
I'd love to help. Please tell me how.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: