Dragon Castle on Walworth Road...Wow

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 16 August 2006 12.53pm
Having read an amazing review for this place Mr & Mrs LottieNancyB plus "the spare" (not the Heir !) tried this out at lunchtime today - OMG - THE BEST dimsum I have ever had - If you like chinese food YOU MUST GO ! Although I considered not posting so could keep it to myself ! Must have the steamed pork buns (my 1 year old demolished them like they were about to be rationed !). V friendly service, loved kids/babies (hooray !) and v reasonably priced - lunch for 2.5 people was 36 and we stuffed our faces it was so good !

It's just after the railway bridge at the top end of Walworth Road (opposite Heygate Estate !) but don't let that put you off - A fabulous addition. See you there !

....and no Loafer I'm not connected !
Wednesday 16 August 2006 1.19pm
LottieNB, to be fair to Loafer, the "no connection" thing is something that's developed over time here, where people try to make it clear up front that theirs is a genuine recommendation.

You won't have seen many examples of the not-so genuine recommendations, because James tends to delete them (after a bit of good-natured naming and shaming), but believe me there have been hundreds.

No reason why anyone new would think to put it on their first few posts, but equally I think it's fair if someone asks them (in a friendly and polite manner) if they do have any connection. I would probably do the same.

[And thanks for your recommendation btw]
Wednesday 16 August 2006 1.23pm
Sidhue,

Thanks for the back-up, but LottieNancyB is being ironic - she's my wife!

Kind regards,

Loafer
Wednesday 16 August 2006 1.31pm
She's your wife and you let here come on here without educating her in the finer points of TFIC ? Shame on you...

[TFIC to you both, for the avoidance of all doubt]
Wednesday 16 August 2006 8.15pm
I agree (with LNB). We (me, bf + 2 friends) have been twice now on Sunday mornings - and it's been great. The second time, we tried to push the boat out a little more, as it was so cheap the first time, and still only about 12 each. A little kitch, but only in a good way.. and very clean with good service.
Monday 21 August 2006 11.39am
Visited Dragon Castle with Mrs Emmesse on Saturday for dim sum/morning tea.

Very impressed - excellent food (best dim sum we've tasted outside Asia), good service and a nice atmosphere.

Far more pleasant than trekking over to Chinatown for an hour of rudeness and poor service. I'd definitely recommend it.

(no connections to Loafer or Dragon Castle!)
Monday 21 August 2006 12.06pm
We missed you. Went there for Sunday lunch encouraged by the good reviews. Amazing.

The pork in puff pastry, sort of fresh pork pies, went down a storm with the smallest diner. The service was first rate. The Loafer family are impressive. We (again 2.5) ate far too much and only spent 25.

My only connection is that I once lived round the corner from Loafer.
Monday 21 August 2006 12.36pm
We also went to Dragon Castle last night! We went for a set menu and the portions were so big that it was fortunate we had not had lunch earlier on. My boyfriend is crazy about Wong Kei's in Soho but it does makes a nice change to be politely served in real china and not plastic plates!
Monday 21 August 2006 1.45pm
I went a few Sundays ago for dim sum and it was fantastic- hbighly recommended (espesh the little pork bun things.)
Tuesday 22 August 2006 3.15pm
I really want to try here after reading amazing reviews, probably going at the weekend. Would people recommend the Dim Sum or the 'proper' dishes as being what to go for? This way we can decide whether to go for lunch or dinner!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: