SE1 Royal Mail delivery office

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 18 August 2006 8.06am
I have set up a new PO Box for my businesses, with the post delivered to my home address. Had a confirmation from Royal Mail that it was active from a week last Monday. So far not one piece of mail received, including two letters I sent to myself to test it.

So I went to the Delivery Office on Mandela Way this morning. They know nothing about my PO Box, no trace of it, but the bloke on the counter said that is not to worry about because the bloke who deals with PO Boxes is on holiday and will be back Monday...

My visit came after ringing them all week pretty much every hour, with no reply. Their published email address bounces back as an error, and although my fax went through, no-one replied.

The guy at the counter couldn't have been less inteested in my complaint.

Really rubbish shoddy service.
Friday 18 August 2006 1.22pm
The phone number is never answered, i tried the other week at various times. The other way to get anything sorted out is to go done there.
Friday 18 August 2006 1.42pm
Have you been to the new collection point for post. OMG, the queue on Saturday morning was half way down Mandela Way!!!! Was there for about 45 minutes.
Friday 18 August 2006 10.00pm
They just ignore the phone. If they don't answer it they have one less job to do, their thinking goes.
Saturday 19 August 2006 12.31am
Someone finally rang me back this afternoon in response to my fax and left me a number to ring. And they answered it! Write this number down, it is the secret direct number: 020 7740 7784
Monday 21 August 2006 2.36pm
I put a complaint in because post that is correctly addressed keeps getting returned to sender, person unknown. It seems our local delivery staff just put letters in the first letter box they find sometimes. We have post for addresses in local streets though our door every week.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: