Milkman SE16

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 18 August 2006 9.51am

I've not posted here before, but have watched many discussions unfold and found it to be a very interesting resource.

I live in Bermondsey (strictly SE16, but close to SE1)! I was wondering how people go about getting a milkman? I know one operates on my estate (Keetons, behind Bermondsey tube station) but it is very difficult to track him down! Is there a database somewhere or a number you can call? I have tried Googling but had no luck. Do I have to keep getting up very early in the hope I may catch him?

Any tips or advice?

Thank you!

Friday 18 August 2006 9.55am
Never used it, but this site is supposed to help hook you up with your local milkman ?
Friday 18 August 2006 3.17pm
This is further east than you but may be worth a try:

(never used it - just found while searching)
Friday 18 August 2006 4.25pm
We are a bit west of you, but have our milk delivered by Express Dairies who are based off Nine Elms Lane.

They do very few domestic deliveries, but were willing to deliver to us because they deliver to an office next door.

At our previous address we had to give up as the milk was stolen so often. It gets delivered at 5.00am and so is sitting out there for a couple of hours. We now live opposite a high security building (cue information from Rabbie that it is one of only two public buildings not in Pesveners - sp - guide) with lots of cameras and so there are fewer problems. Though when it does go we are aware that we are reluctant to complain as we don't want to lose the service. It is nice not to have to remember to buy milk on the way home.
Monday 21 August 2006 9.35am
Thank you all for getting back to me! I have registered on the delivermilk site but have not heard back from them yet. I have telephoned the number from the greenlandpassage link. I have found out my milkman's name now and know he is independant but have not managed to contact him yet. I will also get in touch with express dairies.

I really am pleased with all the information you have gven me and hope I can be useful to someone one day. As for stolen milk, has anyone any ideas as to how to prevent this? I was thinking of a shutting milk box but cannot find one on froogle.

Thank you so much!

Monday 21 August 2006 10.34am
Three possible solutions discussed in this article. Not sure how many of these companies are still around, or if there are other entrants. I know someone who has a Bearbox and is very happy with it although it was pretty expensive to install.

BBC Article

Or there's this:

Home Delivery Box
Monday 21 August 2006 5.05pm
I've had the same milkman, now with Dairycrest, in SE16 for 30 years.

Still in glass bottles.

Good luck,

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: