Spare wheel theft in Chaucer Drive

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 August 2006 5.17pm
I am absolutely LIVID!

i've just got home today, to find the spare wheel basket, on my Pug 306 hanging on the ground, empty. Some f*cking c*nt has stolen my spare wheel, either today or last night.

it beggers belief!

i did hear some noises last night, but as i didn't get up to see what it was, have no idea if it was related.

Does anyone on Chaucer Drive, or in the surrounding area know or see anything?

I haven't reported it to the police, as there is absolutly nothing they will be able to do, and it'll just end up as an enresolved, plus bumping up my insurance next year!

(that annoys me too - it got broken into last year, and we had to contact the police to get a crime number, but in the end we didn't make an insurance claim (as it would have cost too much, making the car a right off, and stopping our no-claims bonus), but now the insurance has gone up because of the record of our police report last year!)
Tuesday 22 August 2006 6.57am
Several years a go I had a pug 106 and lost 2 spare wheels from the cage. they attempeted to steal it for the 3rd time but I had the wheel bolted in, all they managed to do was saw through the cage. Following this incident I kept the spare in the boot.
This all happened outside my fromt door!
Several times when Ive got up in the early hours and looked out the window I've seen young lads on bikes riding slowly down the street looking in cars and trying the door handles. This has been about 4ish in the morning there's no deterrant for these thieves !
Tuesday 22 August 2006 6.35pm
Perhaps the mice are trying to build a getaway car ...

(TVFIC)
Wednesday 23 August 2006 9.49am
This happened to me with my L-reg Clio. At the time, Renault would let you pay several hundred quid to fit a bolt to stop it happening again but I didn't bother, just kept the new spare wheel in the boot. think you should report it though (although fully appreciate your reasons for not wanting to bother!).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: