TV Rental in London Bridge area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 22 August 2006 3.32pm
Hi

Great site. I have just moved to Bermondsey St from Ireland. I am only going to be here for a year and want to rent a tv. Does anyone know of anywhere in the area that does this (or would deliver to SE1. I am having trouble finding anywhere.

Many thanks.
Tuesday 22 August 2006 9.40pm
You'd be better off buying a cheap one from Asda or the internet and selling it or giving it away when you move away.
Tuesday 29 August 2006 3.46pm
Totally agree- I used to rent and then bought a TV from Tescos (on offer) which cost less than two months rental-still going two years later! So once you have an idea as to what you want ie size,dvd player etc 'froogle' for one on the web or look in the supermarkets as they are always doing specials for TVs.

Christianna
Tuesday 29 August 2006 4.05pm
Presumably if you are only going to be here for a year you will not be watching a lot of TV - get a wee portable telly for 50 (or less, not sure how much they cost, I bought mine quite a while ago).

Unless of course you are on a one year placement as a TV researcher and need a huge donkey-sized telly for your work.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 29 August 2006 4.20pm
They have second hand TVs at the British Heart Foundation charity shop on the Old Kent Road. They will deliver it to your home for a small charge (10) I think, but they are a charity.
Tuesday 5 September 2006 1.57pm
I second the suggestion re. British Heart Foundation - I've got stuff out of there. Just be sure to check you can connect a dvd if that's essential for you.

But just a cheeky but heartfelt suggestion.... ever considered not having a tv? Honestly, for anyone who hasn't tried it, I can't recommend it enough. Time to do stuff (and the energy that goes with it) magically appears like you wouldn't believe, you sleep better (provided you don't substitue films for horror books) and going to see a well-shot film at the cinema becomes a mind-blowingly exciting spectacle. Imagine removing the temptation to come home from work and just slump on the sofa.
Tuesday 5 September 2006 3.24pm
when i get in i usually just put the radio on, although MrsR tends to prefer the TV - i can't live without the daily dose of Hollyoaks, Emmerdale, Corrie, Eastenders, plus the weekend omnibuses if she missed an episode, or sometimes the 10pm repeat of 'stenders on BBC3...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network