Bankside Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 22 August 2006 4.32pm
Dear customers
Old and potential new.
Firstly i would like to apologise for changing our winning formula, the fast affordable and fresh was once very, very popular.
When i opened the new Bankside in the city i changed the formula, i was wrong and it is now BACK! www.banksiderestaurants.co.uk
Please have a look and help me make Bankside be the best neighbourhood restaurant in London.
Feel free to criticise? Or praise?
As an added incentive till 14th Sept i will be giving 50% off the food bill if when you book you mention SE1 website.
Regards
Kelvin & John
Wednesday 23 August 2006 2.50pm
Just wanted to bump this back onto the first page of topics.

For the record, Kelvin had asked if it was OK to start this thread as he is keen to receive feedback from customers.

I know that he will appreciate any comments you have about Bankside SE1.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 3.19pm
I did have a bad experience there fairly recently when we had to abandon our dessert in order to make the start of a play at the Southwark Playhouse as the service was so slow (even though it was a special play / meal offer!). However we had already noted the change (for the worse) in the formula previously.

Prior to the change Bankside was a very good restaurant - good value and good food - and I'll be glad to see it revert to type. If the food / service / value is as good again now as it was when I first ate there a few years ago then it will be well worth visiting.

At 50% off I may even try for myself in the near future!
Wednesday 23 August 2006 3.20pm
We have booked for Tuesday night. We have off-loaded our kids that week so were looking to go out - so timing is good. And we have never been before.

If anyone wants to join us, please do.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 4.23pm
I have had a couple of bad experiences - notably because on two occasions the deep fried brie has been frozen through and therefore not at all appetising - more than worrying for a restaurant that claims it "only serves fresh food and does not use a freezer for food".

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (and hopefully have some good deep fried brie), I will be in before september 14th....
Wednesday 23 August 2006 4.39pm
We do have a small freezer that we use for ice cream, i am shocked that your brie got there!?
Look forward to you coming in.
Thursday 24 August 2006 10.55pm
Good idea to look at your 'formula'. The last time I ate at Bankside (about two years ago) the fish was uncooked (and the rest of the dish was inedible). I will probably give it a go again - and report back.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Anonymous User
Friday 25 August 2006 12.47am
I was there tonight - it was OK though they tried to charge us full whack despite promising 50% off the food bill.

They did rectify this however.
Friday 25 August 2006 12.48am
Birdie and I went tonight. My deep-fried brie was a cold in the middle, and the wine was poured without either of us being offered a taste, which seemed a bit odd, and I had to ask the manager for our 50% discount as we weren't given it. And they spelt champagne champaign. But all in all it was okay...
Anonymous User
Friday 25 August 2006 12.56am
That was odd about the wine wasn't it?

Strange who that chap patted me like a dog too.

Takes all sorts, I guess.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: