Tailors in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 11.02am
I need a pair of jeans taking up and sleeves on a coat shortening. Any personal recommedendations of tailors located anywhere from Tower Bridge to Waterloo? I have searched for previous threads on this and somone mentioned Dress2Kill on The Cut, but if they cite Richard Branson I guess they are a bit spendy - has anyone used them?
Wednesday 23 August 2006 1.04pm
Dress 2 Kill are no more expensive than the usual dusty old places though LOOK considerably costlier. Mind you I have only had very minor alterations made so worth checking in advance - www.dress2kill.com.

It's not SE1 but I also use S&S - not far over the other side of London Bridge, just off Cannon Street virtually opposite the station.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 1.32pm
have you tried local dry cleaners most of them do alterations if that is all you want-the one by Barclays in TBR or the one along by Greggs in TBR both do them as I am sure do many others. I've used the one by the bank-though a while ago now and they were ok.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 2.45pm
I have used the dry cleaners next to Barclays loads of times to take up jeans and they've always done a great job, I've also used them for altering other clothes and have always been happy.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 10.56pm
Thanks all, will check them out.
Thursday 24 August 2006 11.31am
There is a South American tailor on the first floor of the Elephant and Castle shopping center. I have never used though.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: