Local Charity

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 1.08pm
I have just encountered a sum of money - and would like to split it with a good charity that needs it and will use it well. Any ideas ? I had thought of some local charity - homelessness, drugs rehabilitation, that sort of thing.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 1.38pm
I had meant to intend to post about the financial crisis affecting Vauxhall City Farm. Slightly outside SE1, but they had to close for a month because of a cash crisis.

It is brilliant (as is Surrey Quays Farm) as it provides inner-city children a chance to get close to real animals. Strange as it may seem, but kids really do grow knowing very little about animals. Their overall annual deficit is small - something in the region of 17,000 - but enough to cause a crisis. It is very sad that the area might lose such an important resource for the sake of 17,000.

Work is being done at the moment to organise schemes for adopting animals and so on, and I will provde details of how people might help when all is agreed. In the meantime any small gifts from users of the site would be extremely well received.

Wednesday 23 August 2006 3.02pm

That is a great idea - adopting animals - we would definitely be up for that and sure I know quite a few people around here who would contribute
Wednesday 23 August 2006 6.22pm
Our residents committee in Shad Thames (Cayenne Court) did some research on worthy local charities. Two we liked that might meet your criteria are Bric by Bric (gets the ho,eless to build their own accommodation) and the Manna Centre (hostel behind London Bridge). You'll find details if you search on each name and SE1.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: