Oh Happy Day!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 23 August 2006 4.33pm
I've just found this site after living and working in SE1 for 13 years! How come I didn't know it existed? I was searching for a local plumber (I haven't found one yet) but even better, I fell across this place.

Forgive me if this is not the right area but I couldn't find an Introductions thread.

I look forward to partaking in some serious discussion and learning more about the area I love.

Pip, pip
Wednesday 23 August 2006 4.40pm
Welcome. If you send us your address we'll send you some of our promotional postcards so you can spread the word about this website to your neighbours and colleagues.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 23 August 2006 4.45pm
Welome indeed. Keep looking at all the threads (Social, Chatter as well as the discussion threads) and join us at all our activities. Pity you missed our party last Friday...good way to meet us all. Where do you live exactly (I mean which street, not your full address!)
Wednesday 23 August 2006 4.53pm
Thankyou for the welcome and rest assured, I've spent most of today reading threads on here - to the detriment of my work - hey ho!

I live in Library St. which is right by St George's Circus and I work in Marshalsea Rd - just a mere 10 minute stagger from home.

Would be great to meet some locals. I might join the Book Club. Is it still going?
Wednesday 23 August 2006 6.58pm
Would you be French by any chance? For those of you who do not speak French, "martinet" means a whip. Not expecting you to be into S&M, just wishing you whip us up with very good humour!
Wednesday 23 August 2006 7.22pm
sure, book club alive and well. Look in the socials part.
Friday 25 August 2006 12.01am
La Martinet wrote:

I live in Library St. which is right by St George's Circus and I work in Marshalsea Rd - just a mere 10 minute stagger from home.

Living and working in SE1. That makes you a proper local. Welcome :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Monday 28 August 2006 9.44pm
Your gonna die here you no.!
Monday 28 August 2006 10.14pm
Dear god, 5 days on the forum and getting death wishes already.

(TFIC, obviously I hope)
Tuesday 29 August 2006 4.25pm
Yes, most definitely a proper local and yes, I probably will die here too (just not too soon, I hope!)

And no, I'm not French and not a martinet, either in the French or English meanings of the word! My name is L A Martin so it just seemed the obvious forum name.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: