Help needed with moving to SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 August 2006 1.29pm
This is my very first time I am writing to this forum although I used to read some threads regularly since I recently found this great website.
I want to move to SE1 area (from SE15), love the area around Tower Bridge... My problem is, that I want to move to a new house (through Soutwark Homesearch bidding scheme) and I set my eyes on Tabard Square development. Does somebody know when actually people will be able to move there? I noticed that we could bid for some of the properties in May and as I finished 2nd, I am back at bidding and waiting for more Tabard properties and they are still not coming. I am loosing my patience as I need to move urgently - having 2 kids (8,2) and living in 1-bed flat is getting unbearable.
I am considering a flat in Wolseley street, I like the location but not sure what the flat looks like. ( I am not very choosy but prefer new one).
Can somebody who is local give me an advise which area would be more suitable (as for schools, doctors, childcare, shopping - don't have a car)? I don't expect anybody to make a decision for me, just to give me some ideas about living in the area.
Thank you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: