Can you recommend a paver?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 August 2006 8.22pm
I live on Pages Walk and have a small front to the house between the house and the gating that is, frankly, rubbish tarmac.

I have paving identified to lay but need someone recommended who can dig up the old tarmac and lay the paving.

It is a small job so people like Marshalls don't want to know. Piece to be dug up and repaved is approx 8x4 feet max.

Anyone had experience/have friend/have family who would take on this sort of job for a reasonable price? I would source the paving.

thanks in advance

Friday 25 August 2006 7.45pm
Yes! I got my front path done and back garden done by these guys, as they'd done some fencing for me a while ago. Had a few quotes from others and he was about cheap to middle (marshalls were expensive and even over measured the area to be done which put me off). Good service and personable. Based in Croydon but didnt seem to have any problems coming in:

Manor Fencing & Landscaping
Sunday 27 August 2006 6.00pm
That's great andyman I will try them out and let this forum now how it goes

Sunday 1 October 2006 5.26pm
I promised to let this forum know how it went with the paver recommendation so here it goes.

1. They pitched up on time and dug the required space to lay yorkstone. They were so impressive with their quote that my neighbour, with similar requirement, booked them to do the same.

2. Placed all detritus from both jobs in street and promised there would be a skip arriving to remove it.

3. Took cash to pay for the York Stone delivery, which was supposed to happen same day given they had been booked couple of weeks.

4. Stone did not arrive and detritus was not removed.

5. They disappeared.

6. Detritus still there, they do not answer the phone other than for someone to say (when phone is answered every 5 days) that Scott the owner (and person I met) is currently unavailable. Promised York Stone apparently hard to come by!!

7. Council lands on my door step asking what the pile of detritus is all about and when it is going to be moved. Give them Scott's details.

8. Calls to Scott still go unanswered.

I am left with hole in front of my house, pile of detritus in the street, council knocking on my door too often for my liking asking whether I have made any progress with said contractor.

Not your fault andyman, and if this story has a happy conclusion I will post it, but I am not very happy now.
Sunday 1 October 2006 8.25pm
I'm very sorry to hear all this. I know it doesn't help in your situation at all, but had no problems at all. And strangely enough, had no problems getting hold of Scott which was always very handy.

Have you tried the landline number from the website as well? Wondering whether something has happened to Scott lately as all seems very odd.

Please let me know what happens.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: