I'm moving to Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 25 August 2006 12.31am
I'm moving to Lant Street near Borough tube station in September - can anyone give me any advice on the area regarding safety, good restaurants, bars, shops, a good GP / dentist - anything that would help me settle in would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!
Friday 25 August 2006 9.13am
hong kong, welcome to SE1, centre of the known universe. If you search there are loads of threads on this forum on all of those topics, and more...
Friday 25 August 2006 9.48am
Janefs is right, anything you need to know you'll find out here. Look in our Socials page for "goings on" - we meet quite a lot one way and another. And the SE1 Newsletter which comes by email is THE organ for finding out what's happening in SE1 generally. Well done for coming to the coolest part of town.
Friday 25 August 2006 5.58pm
Thanks - I suppose my question was rather broad ... next time I'll try to make it more specific!
Friday 25 August 2006 9.07pm
dear HK P; Regarding safety; look both ways before crossing the road and u don't have to end sentences with exclamation marks x
Saturday 26 August 2006 2.09am
harry yanos wrote:
u don't have to end sentences with exclamation marks x

Though the odd full-stop tends to help, I find.
Saturday 26 August 2006 1.50pm
Thanks that was very helpful Harry! I tend to use exclamation marks when I'm trying to make my sentences sound less serious and more jokey! Hope that's ok with you!!!!!!
Saturday 26 August 2006 5.23pm
Quite. I don't think his exclamation marks were as misplaced as your semi-colons.
Sunday 27 August 2006 7.22pm
know know, where not all perfekt wen it kums to puntuashon!
Sunday 27 August 2006 7.35pm
No, but if one is going to criticise someone else's punctuation, one should make sure one does so using the correct punctuation oneself!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: