postal services in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 29 April 2003 8.41pm
Someone raised the point about problems of postal services in SE1. Well, like you, we sometimes go for days without any, and then get heaps twice in one day. Just before Christmas our post "person" told us that there was a parcel waiting for us in the office. They had drivers off sick and only had one van, so it may be quicker to go and collect it. Should I have charged Royal Mail for doing their job. We are also getting other peoples post, not only the rong umber in the correct road, but also the right number in the rong road.
Wednesday 30 April 2003 10.57am
Sometimes I feel like cancelling our deliveries and just going to the sorting office to pick the post up myself. They are totally useless. I often find the postie dumping post not even for our building on top of our post boxes. I shouted at him the last time and he took it all away...
But I don't want to have to shout at them first thing in the morning, it doesn't start the day off very nicely! I wish they would just do it properly.
I get anything important sent to my work address cos I just don't get things if they're sent to my home address.

Wednesday 30 April 2003 12.10pm
When I moved in, the previous people booked a redirection. I have since redirected huge quantities of post - on one occasion an envelope on which I had written the new address still came back to me again!

This despite the fact that the regular postie is charming, greets me by name when he sees me, and introduced himself to me on the morning I moved in.
jac
Wednesday 30 April 2003 12.56pm
So much of the postings in this forum are moans, but for once I can honestly say, I have a great postal service. I work from home and get a lot of post, often too large to go through the post box. I still get two posts aday and the first is usually before 9 am. My only minor gripe is when the regular postie has a day off his replacement will put a card through the letter box for the larger letters or parcels, without seeing if I am in first. But all in all it's thumbs up for the postie in my part of SE1
Thursday 1 May 2003 9.06am
where exactly is the sorting office? I've been waiting on a parcel that was posted in January.
Thursday 1 May 2003 10.11am
Mandela Way. For the Southwark side of things at least...
Thursday 1 May 2003 11.05am

My postie is ok - some I suppose are bound to be good and some will be bad - but the service at the sorting office is a nightmare.

When I have to call to get a parcel delivered (that is after I get the "you weren't in and we couldn't force this through the letter box, although we did give it a good try" card) the phone is rarely answered (or else busy for an hour). And if you try the Royal mail Customer Service it is worse.

Apologies for yet another moan - but it has been like this for years here.
Thursday 1 May 2003 10.25pm
This is weird. I've had the 'sorry you weren't in, can't fit thru the letter box, please call to collect' notices a few times - even when I was in. And some of the packages did fit thru the letterbox. I don't want to start a conspiracy theory - but why are some of the local posties spending all that time writing notices rather than the ringing the bell or posting the package?
Thursday 1 May 2003 11.16pm
I too have mixed feelings on the postal service. Our regular postman is very good. But when he is away the system usually falls apart and we get no post for a few days.
Friday 2 May 2003 9.40am
Andrew happens to me ALL the time too. Don't understand it. Its not like writing a card is quicker than waiting for someone to answer the door...
I can never get through to the sorting office either on the phone. I just fax them directly to get packages redirected, their fax number is 020 7231 2982.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: