Joe's Kitchen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 29 August 2006 10.11am
Just enquiring ... does anyone know when Joe's Kitchen on Marshalsea Road is due to open and anything about it? Looks like a chain but I googled Joe's and it didn't come up with anything.

Cheers,

Beener
Tuesday 29 August 2006 10.18am
It's a chain run by The Restaurant Group plc (Garfunkels, Chiquito and others).

I saw a branch somewhere the other day but I can't remember where.

Here's a write-up of Joe's Kitchen at The Glades in Bromley.

TRG have had offices in Marshalsea Road for some time, but I noticed they had applied for a license for a Joe's Kitchen branch.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 29 August 2006 10.20am
Thanks James - the review doesn't look to promising. I will have to keep my fingers crossed that it is ok, but given that they also have Garfunkels and Chiquito I am not holding my breath.
Thursday 7 September 2006 10.50am
Had lunch there yesterday food was ok.Interior and service I would describe as shaker kitchen meets TGI Fridays.Was packed if thats any indication
Thursday 7 September 2006 7.46pm
but is the coffee any good??
Sunday 24 September 2006 7.01pm
thought i would check out this relatively new addition to sE1 eateries....had the breakfast today. the restaurant has a nice overall atmosphere. no blaring music and what was being played seemed to be to most peoples taste. decor is well thought out too. relaxed and quite trendy at the same time. the food was ok. not quite sure about the full english brekkie...cold (very) tomatoes was a novel twist. the coffee was of the costa standard but a tad too hot. 60 degrees is the max for a good cappucino as any barista knows. 6 out of 10.
Monday 25 September 2006 1.54pm
i haven't even seen the place.... where exactly on marshalsea rd? must be blinded by the pouring rain.

schnake
Monday 25 September 2006 1.59pm
Borough High Street end, same side as the tube station.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/562/joes-kitchen

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 27 September 2006 8.16pm
thanks, will go and check it out!
schnake
gii
Monday 2 October 2006 1.59pm
On a similar note - a word of warning about Las Iguanas near festival hall - avoid.
Food dire and over expensive - go to Brinidisa or the one down the street from southwark station.
The prawns were previously frozen so fell apart when i peeled them. Food was tepid. Service slow. No loo paper.
We listed to the music installation go round and round for about an hour - almost suicidal at the end - not their fault - an a fun installation - wish there was an off switch tho.

Humbug.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: