SoBo - new name for area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 6 December 2001 10.44am
According to last night's Evening Standard, the Southwark/Borough area is now being called SoBo by estate agents.

What do people think of this name? Will it catch on?

James
Thursday 6 December 2001 2.58pm
well it beats 'south central', I guess! 'NoHo' (Charlotte st area) never really caught on..but now Bob DeNiro will moving into the Jam Factory resident, who knows!
Thursday 6 December 2001 5.11pm
Sounds pants to me. Estate agents are always trying to impress new buyers with their sales pitch. But having said that I do believe that the area will be one of the best places to live in a few years' time.
Tas
Friday 7 December 2001 1.24pm
What's this about Robert DeNiro?
Friday 7 December 2001 2.15pm
According to last night's evening standard (see www.thisislondon.co.uk 'London news' for 6 dec) Robert De Niro's possibly buying a 750 000 Jam Factory (off Tower Bridge road, near Bricklayer's arms) penthouse apartment .

He's coming to see the flat himself later in the month - so you never know, you might see him waiting in line for pie and mash outside Manze's!
Sam
Thursday 13 December 2001 12.13pm
The area is one of the best places to live NOW!

I think this SoBo name is absolutely appalling, and we shouldn't encourage its use. It's so naff and twee. The area is rich in history and has its own wonderful names. SoBo sounds like a packet of dog biscuits.

Boycott the name 'SoBo'!
Thursday 13 December 2001 11.43pm
I agree. The name SoBo is drivel. What\'s wrong with \"Southwark\" for god\'s sake?
Friday 14 December 2001 11.40am
Estate agents using an acronym containing 'SoB' - how ironic. They'll be thinking up some catchy rhyme for Elephant and Castle soon!

Whatever next?
Kat
Sunday 23 December 2001 7.44pm
I love the name SoBo it\'s great. It\'s only a tag they are using to define the area. Its not like it\'s going to catch on and people are going to stop calling Southwark!!!!
Bah humbug to you all.
Thursday 27 December 2001 4.39am
SoBo ?

Sounds like a name dreamed up by a bunch of BoSo's to me.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: