RV1 Re-routed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 6 September 2006 1.20pm
According to information I read at the bus stop, from last Saturday, the RV1 has been re-routed cutting off the Druid St./Crucifix Lane/top of Bermondsey St. loop. It now turns off TBR straight along Tooley St.

Anyone any idea why? Or should I ask TfL? The 381 and 343 seem to be continuing as normal.

As a resident of Whites Grounds who relies entirely on public transport, this is a unwelcome development.

I guess I'll just have to walk to Tooley St. to catch my favourite bus...
Wednesday 6 September 2006 2.48pm
It's funny to have a 'favourite bus', but the RV1 is mine too!

I didn't think any southbound traffic could turn right from TBR in to Tooley Street? Maybe the lovely RV1 has been granted special dispensation...
Wednesday 6 September 2006 7.27pm
That is strange - I have been getting the RV1 from the stop on Bermondsey Street this week...
Thursday 7 September 2006 9.03pm
I love the RV1 too. It is lovely and red and beautifully bus-ey. Hmmm.

But the RV1 I love the most is the Hydrogen Cell version which you see on occasion (not sure how many they have - but jolly good idea!!!).

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Friday 8 September 2006 9.56am
Can't it go to Vauxhall and then it could be my favourite bus as well.
Friday 8 September 2006 11.03am
Saw the RV1 with my own eyes turning right from TBR into Tooley Street, so it must have been re-re-routed. Shame - now I can only get the 381 to Blackfriars Bridge instead of having a choice.
Friday 8 September 2006 1.28pm
It seems some RV1 drivers are forgetting the re-routing and still driving the old (and in my opinion better) route.

Shall we start a re-re-route the RV1 campaign?
Friday 8 September 2006 9.34pm
I was hoping to catch the RV1 last week but gave up when I noticed it has been removed from the bus stop info on Crucifix Lane.

I regret the bus not coming nearer to Bermondsey St. but the thing which really bugs me is that I could not find any info. on the new route. A simple note would have helped. And I coould not find the info on the TFL website either....gripe, gripe....
Monday 18 September 2006 11.40am
Ah! the Magic (RV1) Bus as I fondly call it!

Maybe you should contact not just First for London Bus Co that runs this service- MD is Tony Wilson tel No 020 8533 9757.

Their web site says all the fuel cell buses have been withdrwan form the RV1 route from 8 Sept.Why? Also nothing on the site re changing the route.Complaint line for Transport for London is 0845 300 700

Also maybe we should nag all the tourist sights that were involved in the launch of this service like the London Eye,South Bank center etc. Look at the graphics on the bus for a clues as to who.

Leave the route for the RV1 as it was- a well established brilliant link from Tower Bridge to Covent Garden.
Thursday 21 September 2006 3.25pm
christianna wrote:
Their web site says all the fuel cell buses have been withdrwan form the RV1 route from 8 Sept.Why?
I saw a fuel cell RV1 in Southwark Street yesterday, so this doesn't seem to have happened.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network