Homechoice availability

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 September 2006 12.09pm
Can anyone tell me please if Homechoice is available in Manciple street? Thanks
Monday 11 September 2006 12.38pm
It's definitely available across SE1 (and very good it is too) - don't know any reason why Manciple Street would be any different.

Have you tried putting the Manciple Street postcode into this ?

Monday 11 September 2006 1.01pm
Thanks for the reply, I tried the postcode and it is available.
Monday 11 September 2006 3.17pm
I can recommend them. I used Zen before (who are also great), but homechoice gives you digital telly in the same pack.

The main reason I would recommend them is that the customer service is very very good. No waiting for more than a min. max on the phone, helpful (with my IT Idiot questions), plus when the kit breaks down (and it always does), they came straight out the next day to replace it.

And, to balance one positive recommendation with a bad one - I would say never never never buy any service from Carphone Warehouse. If the Devil himself designed an evil scheme to spread misery amongst the human race it is Carphone Warehouse's Customer 'Service'.

Would you like to go with me?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Monday 11 September 2006 4.05pm

Couldn't agree more about the Homechoice service (however, no breaks here, my kit has been rock solid over a year after installation), although now Homechoice has been taken over by Tiscali, it is probably only a matter of time....

[To anyone confused by this reference, search Google for "Tiscali customer service hell"]
Monday 11 September 2006 5.34pm
I have been with Homechoice for nearly a year and I can confirm we are fully satisfied with their service. We have a wireless connection so it is very handy to have your computer anywhere you need it. The only inconvenient is that it takes a while to change TV channels. But you can run through the listings and bookmark what you want to see in advance. Another great feature is the replay for BBC channels and ITV. There is a very useful and informative forum on http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93
I am a bit worried about the merger with Tiscali as I had an extremely bad experience with them.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 1.07am
red_bus wrote:
The main reason I would recommend them is that the customer service is very very good. No waiting for more than a min. max on the phone, helpful

While I would recommend homechoice over their competitors, I cannot esay I had a similar experience to what is described above. I have found the Homechoice customer service to be poor. Long waits on phone, and at the end of those, I generally encounter someone answering who can do f-all for me other than take a message and say "uh huh" or "reboot the set top box". Which needless to say is not exaclty rocket science worth a 10 minute wait.

Also, like many others in this country they have call centre core service hours timed for daytime when you are at work instead of the weekends and late nights when you are more likly to be using their product - and experience problems.

And we have had several breakdowns in the 14 months we have had Homechoice here in SE1. Shortest an hour or so, one was about a day.

That said, this service has been a step up from what we had with BT and NTL. So its all relative I guess.

But Homechoice does have a good integrated package to offer and the majrotiy of their competition is much worse, basically. Best of a mediocre-to-bad lot is the way I would recommend them.

Homechoice was actually worse a while back. If you trawl the broadband forums they had some shocking stories about 2-3 years ago. So I guess they are at least heading in the right direction.
Wednesday 13 September 2006 9.45am

I was interested to hear that you haven't been able to get help late nights and at weekends.

The Homechoice Customer Care centre does shut at 8pm but if you phone later there is still an option to get technical help from what appears to be a 24 hour service. I had to phone it last night at about midnight when my replay TV kept stopping mid-frame and they sorted out my problem in no time at all (during the World Cup I asked them to reset my bandwidth profile to give priority to the internet and I forgot to change it back to give equal priority to the TV !). I think you just press one for technical help. HTH
Wednesday 13 September 2006 12.13pm
I know how to reach them at night but the folks that I get there do nothing useful for me.

Still even for billing issues there is no reason they they should shut that early. I barely get home by 8pm. Definitely not thinking from the consumer perspective there.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: