Searching for the elusive ecopod

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 September 2006 3.22pm
Taken from the Southwark Council website:

'The environmentally friendly pod is a converted shipping crate that will be used as exhibition space. It will be installed near the Fusion Leisure Centre at Elephant and Castle on July 30 2006. Although it'll only be open for special events, there'll be 24 hour video presentations giving local people all the latest news.'

And from the site:

'Residents will have an exciting new way to get information about the Elephant and Castle regeneration programme in 2006!

A new environmentally friendly ‘eco pod' will be installed in June or July outside the Fusion Leisure Centre to provide information about the Elephant and Castle regeneration programme and the proposed Cross River Tram.

Made of recycled materials, the pod will make use of renewable energy technology such as solar panels. Video presentations will be projected onto large display screensoutside the pavilion, ensuring that passers-by can view news and information about the regeneration programme 24 hours a day. The pod will also contain a small meeting and exhibition space.'

Well, its well past the end of July and still no sign of it. What's the story?

Will the Elephant & Castle regeneration project ever start?
Monday 11 September 2006 3.26pm
According to this, the ecopod installation has been delayed until late September "due to a delay with the building contractors".

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 11 September 2006 3.41pm
Will the same be true for E&C regeneration?
Monday 11 September 2006 4.52pm couldn't make this stuff up.

well, you could but it would seem too far fetched :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Monday 11 September 2006 5.40pm
I see the website has been given a makeover. Pity it still has Spring as its latest newsletter. I guess the Summer newsletter will be in October and the Autumn one in February....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: